Crunchy tortilla chips topped with buffalo chicken, homemade cheese sauce and your favorite toppings. Buffalo chicken nachos are a perfect game day snack!
Buffalo chicken recipes are some of our favorites and these nachos are no exception. Get the chicken cooking so you can dig in by game time! You and your guests are going to be clamoring for more.
We went a little overboard on the menu last year, so my main goal is to make a more reasonable amount of food. We’ll see if that happens. 😉
We had a few people over to watch the Steelers game on Saturday. What a spectacle. I am glad to see my team move on, but frustrated at the cost.
Talk about a nail-biter at the end. Hopefully next week will be less of a roller-coaster.
Either way, there will be good snacks. Like this one, combining two of my all-time favorite game foods.
It has the spice of buffalo chicken, a creamy delicious homemade nacho cheese sauce, crunchy chips and a little extra pop from jalapenos. Mmmmm.
We topped ours with some avocado and sour cream for good measure. Bleu cheese and green onions would have been great too, but I didn’t care enough to venture out in the cold and ice to get them. It was great without them, but would be even better with!
More fun buffalo chicken recipes:
- Buffalo chicken casserole with cheesy ranch potatoes
- Cheesy buffalo chicken lasagna
- Buffalo chicken dip
- Buffalo chicken taquitos with cilantro cream
How to make avocado sour cream dip:
- Mash and avocado until mostly smooth.
- Stir in 1/4-1/2 cup of sour cream (a sprinkle of ranch seasoning would be great too!)
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Dive in with buffalo chicken nachos to your heart’s content!
Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- 10 oz bag tortilla chips
- 2 large chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1 cup Buffalo sauce
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon all purpose flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 8 oz Pepper Jack cheese though white cheddar or Monterey jack would be good too
- Optional toppings: sliced jalapenos avocado, sour cream, bleu cheese, green onions, cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss shredded chicken and Buffalo sauce. If it seems too wet, cook it for a few minutes until the moisture content is down. You don’t want soggy chips.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and allow to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Slowly add milk, whisking the mixture as it is added. Continue to cook, stirring frequently until it starts to thicken.
- Stir in cheese and continue to cook until just melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Spread the chips in a large skillet or on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkled with the Buffalo chicken mixture, then drizzle with the cheese sauce.
- Add jalapeno slices if desired.
- Place in the hot oven for 5-10 minutes. You don’t want to brown it too much, just get everything extra toasty and the cheese should start to bubble slightly.
- Top with desired extras and enjoy while hot!