The goodness of gooey butter cake only made more fun with sprinkles! This is a fun birthday or party treat that is super easy to make and oh so gooey and delicious!
Ooey gooey butter cake has always been a family favorite. How could it not be? It is so easy and just so darn delicious. This recipe is even more fun with plenty of sprinkles, making it perfect for a party!
Some day I plan on baking one from scratch rather than starting with a mix, but this was not that day. Besides, I planned on pumping this one full of sprinkles to celebrate a coworker’s birthday.
So I thought it would be fun to start with a sprinkle filled cake mix. After all sprinkles are perfect for a party and more sprinkles are better!
These cakes are so easy to make. Just press a cake mix based crust into your pan. Stir together cream cheese, eggs and sugar (I told you it was going to be good!) and spread over the crust.
Add more sprinkles, then just few more for good measure. Bake. Try to wait for it to cool and devour! The hardest part will be convincing yourself not to make it weekly.
My little sister Chloe is the master of warming microwave desserts in the microwave. She warms them all up before eating it.
I wasn’t sure about warm ooey gooey cake, but it was pretty darn good. So feel free to warm a piece to try… or use this as a license to not let your cake cool completely before you dig in. I’m not judging!
More fun recipes twists on gooey butter cake:
- Cookies and cream gooey butter cookies
- Lemon gooey butter cookies
- Pumpkin ooey gooey cake
- Chocolate chip gooey butter cake
- Apple spice gooey butter cake
Did you make this great recipe? Please leave a review in the recipe card below!
- 1 box cake mix (I used one with sprinkles in it already!)
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- A generous helping of sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Stir together cake mix, two eggs and melted butter. Press into a 9×13-inch cake pan.
- Mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, two remaining eggs and vanilla. Spread over cake mix crust. Spread sprinkles over cream cheese mixture and gently press in.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until set. Let cool before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 370mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 0gSugar: 34gProtein: 4g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.