Cheesy ranch potatoes topped with buffalo chicken, more cheese and plenty of buttery corn flakes. What’s not to love? This casserole is filling, flavorful and fun too!
Are you looking for a stick to your ribs dinner that is full of flavor and easy to make? Then this is just the thing for you. It has all of that hearty, filling casserole goodness with a bit of buffalo chicken kick!
And the cheesy ranch potatoes? They are a fabulous foundation to build the whole thing on!
MiMi shared this recipe with me some time back. I was right in the middle of prepping for my brother’s wedding, so I tucked it away waiting for the perfect time to make it.
Despite being a million degrees out (or at least feeling dang close!) it seemed like I should go ahead and give it a go last month.
Sometimes it is hard to convince yourself to bake a casserole when it’s so hot out, but sometimes you just need something simple to put together and filling. This wins on both accounts.
Seeing the ingredient list I knew it was going to be a hit with my husband. Even Little Dude likes it if I make sure to get him a spot without too much buffalo sauce.
That is easy to do, just don’t drizzle the extras over a section so you have a mild part and a spicier part!
My brothers are huge fans of this casserole too. Really, why not?
It’s basically the classic cheesy potato casserole we all love, also known as funeral potatoes, with a ranch twist.
Then load it up with buffalo chicken, more cheese, bacon and that buttery corn flake crust. Of course it’s good!
As you can see from the pictures, I have made this with both the frozen potato cubes and shredded hash browns. Both work wonderfully.
Of course casseroles like this don’t always look that exciting on the plate, and I normally have a couple of boys circling like hungry wolves when I am taking pictures.
But trust your gut and your taste buds and know this tastes good even if it doesn’t look amazing. If you like cheesy potatoes and buffalo chicken you just have to promise me this will be on your menu ASAP!
More great casserole recipes
Easy tamale casserole is a fun dinner that has the flavor of tamales in a quick and fun casserole form. Also known as tamale pie, it is a perfectly flavorful weeknight dinner that is sure to be a hit!
Pork chops and cheesy potato casserole with a crunchy topping is an absolutely delicious family friendly meal. All you need is a vegetable and dinner is done!
Chicken and broccoli casserole is a great way to get dinner on the table quickly. It is a perfect way to use leftover chicken or turkey as well!
More Buffalo chicken goodness
Creamy buffalo chicken chili is super simple to make with the help of your slow cooker. It has just the right amount of buffalo chicken spice making it perfect for a weeknight dinner or a game day tailgating staple.
Cheesy buffalo chicken lasagna is another fun dinner idea. It is unexpected but really delicious.
A sheet pan full of buffalo chicken nachos is another tasty option. The cheese sauce ties the whole thing together.
Love this recipe? Give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review in the recipe card below!
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken (breasts and/or thighs)
- 1/2 cup buffalo style hot sauce
- 32 oz. bag frozen potato cubes or hash browns, defrosted
- 1 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 cup shredded co jack (divided)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- Optional: 5 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- Cut the chicken into chunks and marinate in the hot sauce for at least 15 minutes and up to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9×13-inch pan.
- In a large bowl mix the potatoes, dressing, soup and 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Spread potato mixture in the prepared pan. Top with marinated chicken. If desired, drizzle the buffalo sauce over the chicken and potatoes.
- Melt butter in a small bowl. Add the corn flake crumbs and toss to coat. Sprinkle buttered corn flake crumbs, remaining cheese and crumbled bacon over casserole.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes. Then remove foil and bake for 30-35 more minutes or until the casserole is bubbly and the chicken reaches 165°F.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 546Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 718mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 40g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.