These quick and easy pickles are a perfect way to use some of your cucumber bounty. They have plenty of zing and will be gobbled up in a second!
These quick pickles have it all. A little bit of spices mixes with that tart pickle tang. They are a great way to use your extra cucumbers when the harvest is overwhelming.
You don’t have to know how to can to make them, they store well in the refrigerator and they disappear quickly. My brother can polish off a quart in just a few days all by himself!
This is another refrigerator pickle recipe from my cousin Cori. She got this recipe from her father-in-law.
He has been making it for years. Cori says the pickle are too spicy for her, but when she takes them places people devour them.
These pickles turned out amazing. The spice level obviously depends on the red pepper flakes you use and how much you use.
My dad makes his own pepper flakes from a variety of hot peppers that would result in pickles that would make steam come out of your ears.
The pepper flakes I used have a more average heat level and produced a delicious pickle. I would definitely recommend making these with any extra cucumbers you have!
This made two very full quart sized jars for me. I kept one at home and took one to share with everyone at my parents. Pops like them so much he confiscated what was left!
My brother Clint is also a big fan. I sent a jar home for him the last time I made them. He gets a bowlful to snack on after work each day!
A few more fun dishes:
- 3 lbs. cucumbers (about 6 medium cucumbers)
- 10 Tablespoons salt
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon Accent* (optional, I skipped it and still loved the results)
- 6-8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 3 cups ice water
- 3 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Cut your cucumbers in half lengthwise, then slice them in half inch slices.
- In a large sauce pan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add salt and stir until dissolved.
- Remove pan from heat and drop in cucumber slices. Let sit for 1 hour.
- Drain cucumbers. Mix drained cucumbers with remaining ingredients.
- Pour into jars and refrigerate at least overnight.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 8Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1765mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.