Take that spicy buffalo chicken flavor you love and make it into a creamy, cheesy, oh so good lasagna. It’s the perfect dinner for game day or any day!
Football food is fun food! It just is. In our younger pre-kid days we had people over almost every Sunday during the fall and winter. When Little Dude was one of the only youngsters, we still did more weeks than we didn’t.
It turns out having a gaggle of toddlers slows that down a bit. The fact that almost all of those toddler and pre-schoolers now have little brothers or sisters makes it even harder.
(Don’t feel too bad for Little Dude not getting to be a part of the big brother club. He is not one bit envious and he has it pretty good on his own! 😉)
Now we still tend to have whoever is available over a few times a year. Mostly for the season opener, rivalry games for the Steelers, or games when they play the favorite team of a family member or friend. Then of course if the black and yellow are making an appearance in a playoff game, we will likely be watching.
No matter who is playing in the big game, we are there. Sometimes it’s hard to choose a team to cheer for because they are both teams we like to cheer against, but we’ll watch it anyway.
Luckily we have got to wave our terrible towels during plenty of games and even on the years we don’t get to, there’s always the food to look forward to!
But no matter what else we are serving, there is almost always something buffalo chicken inspired. Sometimes it’s the real deal or their boneless cousins.
So this year I thought it would be fun to do something different with those flavors we love. Instead of making a finger food, it seemed like it would be fun to do something unexpected and make a lasagna!
It actually worked out really well! Though it’s hard to go wrong with ranch, melted cheese and buffalo sauce!
This buffalo chicken lasagna is a fun change for your game day menu. It may just tickle your taste buds enough to become a staple all year long.
Do you have a standard menu you serve for the big game?
- 12 oz lasagna noodles, cooked al dente
- 3-4 cups shredded chicken
- 1 pkg ranch seasoning
- 24 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 cups colby-jack cheese
- 5 slices bacon (optional, but why not!)
- additional hot sauce, chives, ranch, bleu cheese etc. if desired for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 9×13 baking dish
- Mix together cream cheese, 3 cups of colby-jack, ranch seasoning, buffalo sauce and milk until well combined. Fold in chopped bacon if desired.
- Spread 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Cover with a layer of noodles, overlapping the edges to form a solid layer of pasta.
- Repeat layering with 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture, shredded chicken, noodles, cream cheese mixture, shredded chicken, noodles and the rest of the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese and then cover with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes and then remove the foil. Return to the oven for another 10 minutes or until cheese is all melted and the lasagna is bubbly.
- Rest for about 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with desired toppings.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 681Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 204mgSodium: 1359mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 52g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.