This slightly sweet and slightly spicy pulled pork is easily made in a slow cooker. It is great on a bun, over rice or would make a fun filling for a fusion taco!
A flavorful pulled pork that has just enough sweet and heat to make it interesting. It is so easy to make in the slow cooker and is perfect for sandwiches, over rice and more.
The sriracha in the sauce makes it super yummy. It balances well with the ginger, brown sugar, and soy sauce.
Have you caught on to our love of pork yet? K.C. and Pops try to outdo each other on their smokers.
Nana and Mr. Mike grill a lot of pork too. My Aunt Jenny is famous for her grilled bacon wrapped pork loin. I tend to cook mine indoors.
Ooh, and the stuffed pork loins (the apple one is amazing!)
Then there is our new favorite, pulled pork enchiladas with creamy cheese sauce.
If you haven’t checked that out yet, you need to. Because, yum!
This pork comes together easily in a slow cooker. Throw the meat and a few ingredients in before work.
Come home, get rid of the grease, pull the meat and stir in some big flavor and dinner is ready. It really only takes 10-15 minutes to have dinner on the table from the time you walk in the door!
I served this as sandwiches the first night and they were delicious. I did sort of a terriyaki stir fry with broccoli and some of the leftovers for a quick dinner a couple of nights later.
That was really good too! It would be great in a taco with some honey lime slaw as well. The possibilities are endless!
More pulled pork recipes:
- Southern BBQ Pulled Pork
- Smoked Pulled Pork
- Slowed Cooker Apple Cider Pulled Pork
- Pacific Pineapple Pulled Pork
Recipes using leftover pulled pork:
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a review in the recipe card.
Slow Cooker Hula Pork
- 4 pounds pork shoulder/butt
- salt and pepper
- Optional: 2 Tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons sriracha
- ½ cup ketchup
- Salt and pepper all sides of your pork shoulder.4 pounds pork shoulder/butt
- Optional step if time allows: Brown pork shoulder in a little oil until all sides.
- Grease slow cooker insert, place pork shoulder inside. Sprinkle with ginger and garlic. Add soy sauce and vinegar.3 teaspoons ground ginger, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, ½ cup soy sauce, ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Pour juices from slow cooker into a fat separator or skim off as much grease as you can. Shred meat and pour the cooking liquid back over the meat. Stir in brown sugar, ketchup and sriracha.2 Tablespoons light brown sugar, 3 Tablespoons sriracha, ½ cup ketchup
- Serve on buns or in tortillas.