These super simple English muffin mummies are a perfect way to start Halloween. Just a couple of minutes and a few ingredients is all it takes to get the day off on an undead foot!
These super simple English muffin mummies are ready to spook your breakfast table. They are an eerily good Halloween snack as well. Whip them up in a couple minutes and cackle in delight.
Are you in the Halloween spirit yet? You better get on it if you’re not!
Little Dude is a candy rationer. He hoards all of his candy and meters it out to himself.
He has a bucket where his holiday and parade candy goes. Then he eats a couple of pieces for snack on days he’s feeling indulgent.
I was always more of the “I better eat it before someone else does… or it disappears… or some other nonsensical tragic outcome befalls it” mindset. So I admire his self control and discipline.
Plus it saves him tummy aches from too much candy and me the headache of lording over his treats. Pretty much everyone is a winner!
All of this to say his stash is getting low. He started getting a little worried about it a few weeks back.
Luckily he was reassured when we reminded him Halloween was on it’s way. He’ll go trick or treating and get plenty of loot.
Then in his too mature for his years way, he’ll sort through it and pick out the candy he won’t eat and will put it in baggies to give to the uncles who like that candy.
He’ll even set aside some peanut butter cups for his dad. Best son of the year award recipient in the making!
So it is safe to say our Halloween excitement has been building for a while. But I like to have ways to get in the mood without going overly crazy on the candy.
So these English muffin mummies are a fun Halloween breakfast. They will get them excited for the big day without setting everyone up for a huge sugar crash before the classroom party even starts.
They are easily customizable as well. We enjoyed both the peanut butter and the jelly versions. The blueberry eyes are fun too.
Dead and Breakfast
Be Brave and Join Us for Breakfast & Brunch
- Breakfast Mummy Pastries by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Death by Chocolate Breakfast Bowl by Our Good Life
- Frog Eggs Matcha Chia Pudding by The Baking Fairy
- Halloween Pancakes by Palatable Pastime
- I Only Have Eyes For You Omelettes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Love this recipe? Give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review in the recipe card below!
- 3 English Muffins
- 3 Tablespoons peanut butter*
- 3 Tablespoon jelly*
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2-3 teaspoons honey
- 12 blueberries
- Stir together the cream cheese and honey until smooth.
- Split the English muffins into halves and toast to your desired doneness.
- Spread half with peanut butter and half with jelly (or whatever your preferred topping is.)
- Put cream cheese into a plastic baggie and cut a small tip of a corner off. Pipe lines across the English muffins to mimic mummy bandages.
- Place two blueberry eyes on each mummy and enjoy!
*Feel free to use all peanut butter or all jelly or whatever your favorite spread is
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 232mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 5g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.