A little sweet and a little heat will have you licking your fingers and coming back for more. Baked peach habanero chicken wings are perfect game day food and you don’t have the mess of frying.
Sweet and heat are a match made in heaven. These peach habanero wings have the best of worlds in the perfect game day food.
They are made in the oven, so anyone can make them, but they still crisp up and taste delicious. Munch on them while watching football or make them for a fun dinnertime alternative!
I have had my mind set on making chicken glazed with my Peach Habanero Jelly for quite some time now. I love the sweet heat combo that the jelly brings.
It is perfect spread over cream cheese and crackers. In fact it is always one of my favorites! But, I just knew there had to be other ways to use it!
I thought about doing peach habanero drumsticks on the grill this fall, but we never got around to it. With the playoffs in full swing, my mind has turned to football.
It is time for the best games of the year and so much fun, especially while my team is still in it. (Go Steelers!)
With football comes wings! They’re a match made in finger lickin’ heaven! I don’t fry at home, so I baked the chicken wings at a high temperature to get the skin crispy.
It’s my favorite way to do wings at home. Then I brushed them with a sauce made mainly from the peach habanero jelly.
I baked them a bit more to get it good and sticky. One more coat of sauce and the wings were ready to be devoured.
My husband loves wings, but to tell you the truth I wasn’t sure how he’d take to these. He doesn’t usually like the sweeter sauces.
There must have been enough spice to counteract it, because he went crazy on them. He was very complimentary, which is always nice.
I knew he really like them the next day though when I caught him bragging on them to my mom. I definitely have a winner on my hands here!
More great baked chicken wings recipes:
- Easy Baked Chicken Wings
- Sticky Baked Chicken Wings
- Dry Rubbed Baked Chicken Wings
- Lemon Garlic Parmesan Baked Chicken Wings
- Crispy Baked Sweet Hot Chicken Wings
More fun appetizer recipes:
Gyro nachos are everything you hope they would be. They have the flavor of those tasty Greek wraps but in a fun snackable nacho form.
Buffalo chicken nachos take spicy chicken, smooth creamy cheese sauce and crunchy tortilla chips to make the ultimate game day food.
Love tasty recipes? I do too! Follow me on Pinterest for more delicious ideas!
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup peach habanero jelly
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons sriracha
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with foil and spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Dry the wings as much as possible, pat them with paper towels if necessary.
- Stir together the corn starch, baking powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss wings in spiced corn starch.
- Arrange on prepared baking sheets, being sure to leave plenty of room between each piece.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes. Flip the pieces and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan over low heat melt the peach habanero jelly, soy sauce and sriracha together and warm until it begins to bubble.
- Brush sauce over the top of the wings and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Flip and brush the other side with the sauce and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Brush with remaining sauce and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 590Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 139mgSodium: 1096mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 29g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.