These creamy, cheesy buffalo chicken taquitos have just enough kick. They are wrapped in a crunch shell that crisps up in the oven, no frying required. The cilantro cream sauce takes them to the next level!
Crispy tortilla shells wrapped around a creamy buffalo chicken filling are a perfect snack or fun meal. They are even better when dipped in a simple cilantro cream sauce.
Luckily both come together pretty quickly and easily. They are perfect for game day or just because. They are always a treat!
Football season is here! It never quite seems real the first few weeks.
Am I the only one that feels this way? I mean it is a hundred bagillion degrees outside still.
We had to rush home from a family BBQ covered in sweat to draft our fantasy team. To me football, chili and fall go together so these first few weeks when it is still summer make it hard to get my head in the game.
Then there are the couple glorious weeks where it is nice out. Thank goodness we have a T.V. in the garage so we can at least kind of keep up on the big games while still enjoying the weather.
By the time November rolls around, this little mama is ready to reserve Sundays for a big pot of chili, my favorite Steelers gear and plenty of football!
Whether I’m ready or not, the time is here. So I need to pull out all of the stops to get my head in the game.
My fantasy team and my pick’em stats depend on it! If I wait until November to care, it will be far too late.
There is pride on the line here folks and I have a competitive streak a mile wide (it’s genetic, my whole family has it, there’s nothing we can do about it!) So it’s time to turn on the T.V. make some football food and get this done!
I love just making a bunch of food, inviting friends and family over and grazing all day. And of course there is plenty of smack talk to go around.
After all, that is the whole point. Isn’t it? Maybe that’s just me too. (I told you, mile wide… and sarcastic to boot!)
These buffalo chicken taquitos seemed like a perfect new twist on some of our favorite flavors. My husband gave it a 9.5 out of 10 and that is REALLY saying something.
I never ask him to rate anything, so when he does I already know he likes it. Then to get such a high score is really something.
He said the only reason it didn’t get a 10 is because there has to be something better out there and he is reserving it for that! Honestly I wasn’t sure he would like the cilantro cream dipping sauce, but he loved it!
He went back for a second cup of cream even. So I’d say this is a winner all the way around!
For another fun twist on buffalo chicken, try making creamy buffalo chicken chili in a crock pot. It is easy and has big buffalo flavor.
I love grazing my way through a football game. What is your favorite football food?
Love this recipe? Give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review in the recipe card below!
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1/4 cup of your favorite hot sauce
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used co-jack, but jack, cheddar or bleu would all be good)
- 12 6 inch flour tortillas
Cilantro Cream Sauce
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup plain light yogurt (or use all sour cream if your prefer)
- 1 packed cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Process until mostly smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Can be made up to a couple of days ahead.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. I line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray the foil to make cleanup easy, but you can just spray the pan if you prefer.
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, chicken, hot sauce, green onions and cheese.
- Warm tortillas in microwave for a few seconds to make them nice and pliable.
- Put a couple of Tablespoons of filling down the center of a tortilla and roll the tortilla tightly around the filling.
- Place seam-side down on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining filling and tortillas.
- Lightly spray the tortillas with cooking spray or an oil mister.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tortillas are lightly golden brown and crisp.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, then serve with dipping sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 434mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 14g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.