Are you looking for a fun and spicy new snack? These buffalo ranch spiced nuts are just the thing! They have that classic mix of ranch and buffalo sauce flavors in a healthier, munchable package. They are perfect for snacking, parties, and more.
These yummy buffalo ranch spiced nuts are super delicious. Keep some on hand for a snack, make them for movie night, game night, or make some to give as an edible gift. They are perfect no matter how you decide to enjoy them.
For some reason, I usually think of spiced pecans around the holidays. But these roasted nuts have flavors that help keep them relevant all year long.
They are perfect for football watching parties and poker night. They are great for road trips, backyard BBQs, and whenever you just need a savory snack, too.
What Do They Taste Like?
The nuts are really addictive, with an intense flavor! The buffalo sauce adds a subtle heat, and the ranch has a more prominent, savory punch.
If you follow the recipe as written, the nuts just a bit of heat. You can make them spicier by using a hotter sauce, or you can swap out some of the butter with more buffalo sauce or hot sauce.
You can even add cayenne pepper or red chili flakes to the sauce mix if you would like.
Making Spiced Nuts
Luckily, this recipe is super simple to make. It only takes 6 ingredients and about a little over half an hour to make.
Most of that time is hands-off, so it almost makes itself. You can easily tweak the recipe to make them your own.
Start by melting the butter in a saucepan. (You can also do this in a microwave safe bowl if you prefer.)
Remove the butter from the heat and stir in the buffalo sauce, some ranch seasoning, and just a little bit of sugar. This combination will give your nuts great flavor!
Stir in your mixed nuts until they are coated with all of that spicy goodness. Mixed nuts are fun, but you can use whatever nuts you like best.
Then, it is time to set the coating. Spread the nuts over a rimmed cookie sheet and bake for about 30 minutes.
Stir the nuts halfway through to help them cook evenly. This also helps to make sure all of the nuts have all of that good stuff on them.
If you get tempted to try a nut fresh from the oven, you will get an idea from the flavor, but they will still be soft. They will get crunchy again as they start to cool.
After cooling for 20 minutes, toss them in a little bit more ranch seasoning. This will really boost the flavor and give them that finger licking quality.
If you don’t want them to have as strong of a ranch flavor, you can reduce the amount of seasoning you add in this step. A little bit extra is fun, though, so I recommend you give it a try.
Make sure to let them cool completely before transferring to an airtight container for storage. You can keep them at room temperature for a couple of weeks or more.
For longer storage, you can refrigerate or freeze the spiced nuts, but it can affect their texture a bit. They will still work great as a salad topper, though.
Substitutions and Alterations
There is something great about spiced mixed nuts, but feel free to use your favorite nuts. Pecans or cashews also work great, so use whatever you prefer.
Just keep in mind that the recipe is written for unsalted nuts. If you are using nuts that have already been salted, you should omit the extra salt from the recipe.
You may also want to give them a taste before you add the extra ranch seasoning. If they are already salty, you may want to reduce the amount of extra seasoning you put on at the end.
A little bit of sugar helps to add a nice balance to these spiced nuts. You can try using maple syrup or honey instead if you prefer.
More Tasty Ways to Flavor Your Nuts
For a yummy sweet spiced nut, try spiced walnuts. They are sweeter and feature those more baking style spices like nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves.
My spiced pecans recipe is one of my favorites as well. They combine a great mix of a little heat and a little sweet in such a tasty way.
If you tried this recipe, or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the comments. Hungry for more? Be sure to stay in touch on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Buffalo Ranch Spiced Nuts
- 2½ pounds unsalted mixed nuts
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce
- 3 Tablespoons dried ranch seasoning mix divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the mixed nuts into a large bowl.2½ pounds unsalted mixed nuts
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat.½ cup unsalted butter
- Take off the heat and whisk in the buffalo sauce, 1 tablespoon of ranch seasoning, salt, and sugar. Whisk thoroughly until combined; the mixture will thicken slightly.⅓ cup buffalo sauce, 1½ teaspoons granulated sugar, ½ teaspoon salt
- Pour the sauce over the nuts and stir so they are coated.
- Place the nuts onto a large sheet tray in an even layer. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. The nuts should be fragrant and starting to brown.
- Allow the nuts to cool on the sheet tray for 20 minutes.
- Place the nuts into a large bowl and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of ranch seasoning. Toss well to combine, and allow to cool completely before serving.
- Once completely cooled, store in an airtight container. They can be stored at room temperature for several weeks or in the freezer for up to 6 months.