Super simple candied spiced walnuts are coated with the taste of fall, cinnamon, nutmeg and a hint of cloves. They are great on salads, as a garnish or eaten on their own as a snack.
These delicious spiced walnut just take a few ingredients and very little effort. They are flavored with cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg and remind me a bit of fall.
Toss a handful in a salad or sprinkle them on your yogurt. They are great in oatmeal too.
Make a double batch and give some away as gifts or hoard them all for yourself. You could also very easily sub in pecans, almonds or your favorite nuts.
I made these for the first time back in 2015. Of course Little Dude got in on the act. We made them to go on a fall salad that was loaded with apples, quinoa, cheese and more.
I love those kinds of salads, the ones with loads of goodies on top. A salad with great greens, lots of fruit, cheese and nuts could easily be my dinner 4 days a week.
More Great Candied Nuts Recipes:
Honeyed pecans are another great snack or salad topper. Just like they sound, the recipe features plenty of good honey and yummy pecans. You could easily follow the same recipe with walnuts if you prefer.
Stovetop candied pecans is another quick and easy way to fancify some nuts. There are instructions for making them crunchy or a little bit sticky and they are tasty both ways.
If you want a little more heat and less sweet, try making southern spiced pecans. You can use walnuts or mixed nuts instead of the pecans if you prefer.
Did you make this great recipe? Please leave a review in the recipe card below!
Fall Spiced Walnuts
- 2 cups walnuts
- ½ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2½ Tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 200°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together sugar and spices. Mix in water to make a wet sandy type mixture.½ cups granulated sugar, ¼ teaspoon ground cloves, ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 2½ Tablespoon water
- Stir in walnuts until well coated.2 cups walnuts
- Spread out on the foil lined baking sheet and bake for an hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Make sure they are spread out and allow them to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.