All of the flavors of lasagna cooked in one skillet on the stove. One pot skillet lasagna makes it possible to get it done on a weeknight and without a ton of dishes!
Get the flavor of lasagna in a fraction of the time! This easy one pot meal gives you big taste with a lot less effort.
Now you can have lasagna on a weeknight, or a busy night or just because. Make sure you always have these ingredients on hand so dinner is always less than an hour away.
If there’s one thing I can almost guarantee is going to be a hit at our house, it’s anything lasagna inspired. Or tacos. But mostly the lasagna thing!
There is just something about the flavors and textures of lasagna that make us so happy. Then there’s the melty cheese. We are all suckers for cheese around here!
The only problem is lasagna takes so long to make. Even if you don’t boil the noodles, there’s still a fair number of steps to make it happen.
By the time you get the meat browned and the layers made the effort has you hungry to dig in, but you still have to throw it in the oven and let it bake to perfection. It’s totally worth the effort, but not exactly an easy weeknight meal.
So what do you do when you come home from work on a Wednesday night craving lasagna? You improvise, of course!
So I just knew I could get our favorite flavors put together in a quick and easy one pot dinner.
I made our yummy dinner in my favorite 3 quart braiser and it almost didn’t hold all of the goodness. I’d definitely grab a dutch oven next time that way there’s plenty of room in case anything else decided to leap into the pot.
Hey, you never know what might happen in my kitchen. I’m sort of known for throwing in a little of this and that or adding whatever bits and pieces I have laying around.
But really, this doesn’t need anything else. With all of the sausage, sauce, cheese and pasta it is a lasagna lover’s dream come true.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a review in the recipe card below!
- 16 ounces Italian Sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 36 ounces marinara sauce (or similar)
- 16 ounces pasta (I used mafalada)
- 1 1/2 cups water or chicken stock
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella
- In a large skillet or dutch oven, brown the Italian sausage.
- Drain off most of the grease and then add the onion and cook until translucent and softened.
- Stir in the garlic and oregano. Then add the pasta sauce, water or stock and pasta. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil and then drop to a simmer and cook covered for about 20 minutes. Be sure to stir the mixture occasionally to help the pasta cook evenly. Add a little more liquid if needed and cook until the pasta is done to your liking.
- Stir in the cottage cheese and top with mozzarella. Cover and cook until cheese is melted, then serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 445Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 1303mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 23g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.