All of the flavors of lasagna cooked in one skillet on the stove. One pot skillet lasagna makes it possible to get it done on a weeknight and without a ton of dishes!
Get the flavor of lasagna in a fraction of the time! This easy one pot meal gives you big taste with a lot less effort.
Now you can have lasagna on a weeknight, or a busy night or just because. Make sure you always have these ingredients on hand so dinner is always less than an hour away.
If there’s one thing I can almost guarantee is going to be a hit at our house, it’s anything lasagna inspired. Or tacos. But mostly the lasagna thing!
There is just something about the flavors and textures of lasagna that make us so happy. Then there’s the melty cheese. We are all suckers for cheese around here!
The only problem is lasagna takes so long to make. Even if you don’t boil the pasta, there’s still a fair number of steps to make it happen.
By the time you get the meat browned and the layers made the effort has you hungry to dig in, but you still have to throw it in the oven and let it bake to perfection. It’s totally worth the effort, but not exactly an easy weeknight meal.
So what do you do when you come home from work on a Wednesday night craving lasagna? You improvise, of course!
So I just knew I could get our favorite flavors put together in a quick and easy one pot dinner.
I made our yummy dinner in my favorite 3 quart braiser and it almost didn’t hold all of the goodness. I’d definitely grab a larger pot next time that way there’s plenty of room in case anything else decided to leap into the pot.
Hey, you never know what might happen in my kitchen. I’m sort of known for throwing in a little of this and that or adding whatever bits and pieces I have laying around.
But really, this doesn’t need anything else. With all of the sausage, sauce, cheese and pasta it is a lasagna lover’s dream come true.
Recipes You’ll Love
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a review in the recipe card.
One Pot Skillet Lasagna
- 16 ounces Italian Sausage
- 1 onion diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 36 ounces marinara sauce or similar
- 16 ounces pasta I used mafalada
- 1½ cups water or chicken stock
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella
- In a large skillet or dutch oven, brown the Italian sausage.16 ounces Italian Sausage
- Drain off most of the grease and then add the onion and cook until translucent and softened.1 onion
- Stir in the garlic and oregano. Then add the pasta sauce, water or stock and pasta. Stir to combine.1 teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon dried oregano, 36 ounces marinara sauce, 1½ cups water or chicken stock, 16 ounces pasta
- Bring to a boil and then drop to a simmer and cook covered for about 20 minutes. Be sure to stir the mixture occasionally to help the pasta cook evenly. Add a little more liquid if needed and cook until the pasta is done to your liking.
- Stir in the cottage cheese and top with mozzarella. Cover and cook until cheese is melted, then serve.1 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup mozzarella