Lasagna soup is quick and easy to make with the help of an instant pot. It has all of the yummy flavors of lasagna but in a hot steaming bowl of soup comfort.
If you love lasagna but hate the effort and time it takes to layer and bake it, this soup recipe is for you. It is loaded with sausage, tomatoes, cheese and pasta and is fun to serve and eat.
Now that the cold weather is really settling in, our minds turn to soup. This great recipe is hearty, filling and sure to warm you up.
Lasagna has always been one of our favorite meals. But it takes too much time to reasonably put together on a busy weeknight.
This soup makes getting the flavors so much easier. Plus the whole thing is made in the instant pot, so there is only one thing to clean when it is all said and done.
Making lasagna soup
Start by browning a pound of Italian sausage using the saute function of your pressure cooker. It is easiest if you buy bulk Italian sausage, so you don’t have to remove the casings.
Feel free to use hot, mild or sweet sausage, it is up to you and your family’s taste preferences. If there is a lot of grease, go ahead and drain off the excess.
Then add a diced onion and seasonings and saute until the onions are translucent. Add chicken stock and scrape up any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan.
Now break some lasagna noodles into bite sized pieces and toss them in the pot. Cook on high pressure for four minutes and then quick release the pressure.
Now stir in a jar of marinara sauce and cheese. Heat until the cheese is melted and it is ready to go.
That’s it! It really is just as easy at it sounds.
Plus the resulting bowl of soup is so good. My boys don’t love soup in general, but both were big fans of this lasagna soup!
More fun soup recipes
Make classic chicken noodle soup in an instant pot or slow cooker. This recipe gives you all of the flavor you want in a really easy recipe.
Creamy tortellini sausage and spinach soup is so flavorful and filling. Making it in the instant pot makes it extra quick and easy.
Creamy buffalo chicken chili is super simple to make with the help of your slow cooker. It has just the right amount of buffalo chicken spice making it perfect for a weeknight dinner or a game day tailgating staple.
Instant pot zuppa toscana is a copycat of our favorite Olive Garden soup. It is another great delicious sausage based soup that is filling and tasty.
Love this recipe? Give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review in the recipe card below!
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 9 lasagna noodles (uncooked)
- 23 oz. jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Optional: additional cheese, croutons, or herbs for serving
- Using the sauté function, begin to brown the Italian sausage.
- Add the onion, garlic and oregano. Continue to sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Deglaze the bottom of the pan with the broth. Then break the lasagna noodles into bite sized pieces and put in the pot.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. Quick release the pressure.
- Stir in the marinara sauce and cheeses.
- Serve immediately or keep warm until ready to serve.
- Top with croutons, additional cheese or fresh herbs if desired.
This recipe was developed and tested in a 6 qt. Instant Pot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 439Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 1528mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 22g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.