Lasagna soup is quick and easy to make with the help of an instant pot. It has all of the yummy flavors of lasagna but in a hot steaming bowl of soup comfort.
If you love lasagna but hate the effort and time it takes to layer and bake it, this soup recipe is for you. It is loaded with sausage, tomatoes, cheese and pasta and is fun to serve and eat.
Now that the cold weather is really settling in, our minds turn to soup. This great recipe is hearty, filling and sure to warm you up.
Lasagna has always been one of our favorite meals. But it takes too much time to reasonably put together on a busy weeknight.
This soup makes getting the flavors so much easier. Plus the whole thing is made in the instant pot, so there is only one thing to clean when it is all said and done.
Making lasagna soup
Start by browning a pound of Italian sausage using the saute function of your pressure cooker. It is easiest if you buy bulk Italian sausage, so you don’t have to remove the casings.
Feel free to use hot, mild or sweet sausage, it is up to you and your family’s taste preferences. If there is a lot of grease, go ahead and drain off the excess.
Then add a diced onion and seasonings and saute until the onions are translucent. Add chicken stock and scrape up any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan.
Now break some lasagna noodles into bite sized pieces and toss them in the pot. Cook on high pressure for four minutes and then quick release the pressure.
Now stir in a jar of marinara sauce and cheese. Heat until the cheese is melted and it is ready to go.
That’s it! It really is just as easy at it sounds.
Plus the resulting bowl of soup is so good. My boys don’t love soup in general, but both were big fans of this lasagna soup!
More fun soup recipes
Make classic chicken noodle soup in an instant pot or slow cooker. This recipe gives you all of the flavor you want in a really easy recipe.
Creamy tortellini sausage and spinach soup is so flavorful and filling. Making it in the instant pot makes it extra quick and easy.
Or try Instant Pot chicken gnocchi soup if you like Olive Garden’s soup. It is cozy and creamy but doesn’t take much effort.
Creamy buffalo chicken chili is super simple to make with the help of your slow cooker. It has just the right amount of buffalo chicken spice making it perfect for a weeknight dinner or a game day tailgating staple.
Instant pot zuppa toscana is a copycat of our favorite Olive Garden soup. It is another great delicious sausage based soup that is filling and tasty.
Love this recipe? Give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review in the recipe card below!
Lasagna Soup in the Instant Pot
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 9 lasagna noodles uncooked
- 23 oz. jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Optional: additional cheese croutons, or herbs for serving
- Using the sauté function, begin to brown the Italian sausage.1 pound Italian sausage
- Add the onion, garlic and oregano. Continue to sauté until the onions are translucent.1 small onion, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Deglaze the bottom of the pan with the broth. Then break the lasagna noodles into bite sized pieces and put in the pot.4 cups chicken broth, 9 lasagna noodles
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. Quick release the pressure.
- Stir in the marinara sauce and cheeses.23 oz. jar marinara sauce, 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Serve immediately or keep warm until ready to serve.
- Top with croutons, additional cheese, or fresh herbs if desired.