A hearty casserole stuffed with all of the good stuff, this chicken Parmesan and pasta bake is a perfectly easy fill’em up dinner!
A filling dinner that’s quick and easy is a must at our house. We tend to come home HUNGRY at the end of the day and usually tired too. So a pile of pasta with chicken and plenty of cheese like this comforting baked chicken Parmesan pasta meal is a welcome sight for famished eyes!
I like to cook a ton of chicken breasts at once. While I’m doing it, I might as well go for the gusto, right?
After the chicken is cooked to tender perfection, it can be chopped or shredded and added to any number of things. Add lime and Mexican seasonings and you have the perfect filling for enchiladas or tacos. Throw it in some soup, stew, egg noodles or white chicken chili!
For another fun twist on a chicken parm and pasta mash up, try chicken Parmesan stuffed shells. They are fancy enough for guests, but really pretty simple to put together.
- 1 pound pasta
- 1 24 ounce jar pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3-4 cups shredded chicken
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup buttery cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 9x13" pan.
- Cook pasta to al dente according to the package directions and drain.
- Stir together pasta sauce, garlic, oregano, sour cream and Parmesan cheese. Mix with pasta and spread in prepared pan.
- Top with shredded chicken, then cheese.
- Mix together cracker crumbs and garlic salt and sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Bake covered for about 30 minutes and then uncovered for about 15 minutes or until cheese is golden.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 423Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 127mgSodium: 733mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 43g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.