Make your whole dinner in one pot and in about a half hour. This taco pasta is quick, easy and full of veggies. It is a complete meal and there’s only one pot to clean!
The taco flavors we love collide with cheesy pasta in a one skillet meal that is going to be a new favorite! If you are like us, the rat race seems to only keep speeding up.
There are always more things to do than hours to get them done. So having a quick and easy meal in your back pocket is always welcome.
If you have reached a point in your life where the pace has slowed down a bit, you might as well still make an easy dinner and kick your feel up a little. And pleeeeeeease tell the rest of us your secrets. Pretty please with cherries on top!
This is the perfect weeknight dinner as it is ready in about a half hour and there is only one skillet to clean afterward. Plus it is a family pleasing meal. It is full of taco flavor and has plenty of meat, beans and corn to fill you up and feel satisfied and enough pasta and cheese to make it tasty and fun.
Of course you can top it with whatever sounds good to you. We love sour cream and green onions on Mexican inspired meals.
I would have thrown some cilantro on there too if I had some on hand. Top with some extra salsa if you’d like or another handful of cheese if that’s your favorite part.
Watch the family gobble this up and ask you to make it again. Then luckily you will only have one skillet to wash and you are done!
Some of our other favorite quick and easy dinners include easy honey mustard pork chops, and pasta with peas, ham and cream. What are your favorite weeknight meals? I’m always looking for new inspiration!
A few more taco inspired recipes:
One pan taco rice skillet is a quick and easy way to get dinner on the table. It has maximum flavor with minimal dirty dishes!
Frito salad is a fun twist on a taco salad. It is loaded with flavor and is perfect for potlucks, but also makes a fun dinner main dish. The homemade catalina salad dressing is easy to make and the salad is packed full of goodies.
Yummy taco soup is loaded with flavor and pasta! Bonus: it is quick and easy to make with the help of an instant pot.
Love this recipe? Give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review in the recipe card below!
One Pot Taco Pasta
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2½ cups water
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup corn frozen, canned or fresh would be ok
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- ½ lb pasta
- 1½ cups shredded cheese jack, cheddar or your favorite
- optional: extra salsa cheese, sour cream, cilantro, green onions etc. for serving
- Chop onions and green peppers.
- In a large skillet that has a lid, brown the ground beef seasoned with a bit of salt and pepper. As the beef is finishing, add the onion and green pepper until the onions start to get translucent. Add the taco seasoning and stir to combine.
- Add the pasta, corn, beans, salsa and water. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. If it starts to look dry, add a bit more water.
- When the pasta is cooked, remove from heat and stir in the cheese.
- Serve with additional toppings as desired.