These brownies are simple to make. They are rich, fudgy and delicious and get their big chocolate flavor from cocoa powder. They are ready to hit the oven in just a couple of minutes.
Rich chocolaty brownies can be whipped up in just a few minutes. This recipe uses pantry staples to make fabulous brownies.
They are great as a base for a fancy dessert or on their own. Do like we do and enjoy them slightly under baked with a scoop of ice cream for an over the top treat.
Or cook them fully and cut them into portable squares for picnics and more.
Sometimes a brownie is just what you need. They are simple but oh so delicious.
There are so many different ways to make them. Many use specific kinds of chocolate to give them their flavor.
But I don’t always have baking chocolate on hand. I do always have cocoa powder on hand!
So these brownies can be made almost any time with almost no notice. When that sweet tooth hits, these can be ready in a jif!
They are so easy to make that Little Dude made this batch practically by himself. I still put them in the oven and pull them out, but otherwise he can do most of the work!
This brownie recipe yields really fudge brownies and they come together super quick using nothing but the ingredients you already have on hand. These would be perfect with Marlene’s Fudge Frosting and a scoop of ice cream if you really want to take it over the top.
Easy Fudgy Cocoa Powder Brownies
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract optional
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, then remove from the heat.½ cup butter
- Stir in the cocoa and sugar until dissolved.½ cup cocoa powder, 1 cup granulated sugar
- Whisk in eggs, vanilla and almond extract until shiny.2 large eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt until just combined.⅔ cup all purpose flour, ½ teaspoon baking powder, ¼ teaspoon salt
- Spread in a 8×8 pan. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until set to your liking.
If you like the flavor of brownies, but the convenience of cookies, try making some brownie mix cookies. They are full of chocolate flavor and only take a few minutes to put together.