Creamy homemade ice cream with all of the flavor of s’mores. There are even toasted marshmallows in the base! It will remind you of those summer campfire nights.
If you love s’mores as much as we do, you have to try this ice cream! It has the taste of toasted marshmallows throughout and features chunks of everything you’d expect. It is worth every second of work and every calorie too! It creamy, sweet and oh so good.
MiMi originally created this recipe in the summer of 2015. She was on quite the ice cream making run.
She made so many fun flavors that year. Now that I have an ice cream maker of my own, I have been going back and recreating her recipes.
This one was high on my list. I remembered it being really good the first time.
You know what? It’s still really good!
Melting the toasted marshmallows into the ice cream base gives that flavor throughout. It really adds something more than just stirring in raw marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers into vanilla ice cream.
Here is what MiMi said in 2015:
My nephews, Ben and Luke, were in town and I wanted to make them a special treat. I believe everyone enjoys s’mores so I decided to come up with a recipe that included those flavors.
We planned on playing outdoor games on a very hot day so I figured we could use some ice cream. Everyone really enjoyed the toasted marshmallow base.
I made this with Golden Grahams because I had that on hand and didn’t have any graham crackers. I would suggest using the graham crackers.
I did follow MiMi’s suggestion and used chunks of actual graham crackers in the ice cream rather than cereal. I had used the whole box of cereal making the S’mores cereal treats anyway!
You can certainly use chocolate chips, but I had some candy bars on hand. So I chopped them up and added them in instead.
Storing Ice Cream:
MiMi also wanted to share that she has a new favorite way to store her ice cream. She found these Tovolo Glide-A-Scoop containers that fit in the freezer well, stack easily and store nicely. She already has a couple and is getting ready to order more. (They certainly did not sponsor this in any way, MiMi just really likes them!)
I got fun quart sized containers that are reusable and dishwasher safe that I like as well. No matter how it’s stored, the ice cream tends to disappear quickly around here!
Ice Cream Maker Recommendations
MiMi has a couple kitchenaid ice cream maker attachments for her stand mixer. She loves them and makes all of her ice cream with them.
I received a cuisinart ice cream maker for Christmas. You freeze the bowl ahead of using it much like the kitchenaid attachment.
I have made several batches of ice cream already. So far so good and it doesn’t take up a ton of room for storage, no more than a food processor.
Love this recipe? Give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review in the recipe card below!
- 10 oz miniature marshmallows, divided
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup graham crackers, broken into bite sized pieces
- In a medium sauce pan, warm the milk over low heat. Do not let come to a boil.
- Meanwhile, remove 3/4 cup of mini marshmallows from the bag and set aside. Spread remaining marshmallows on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and broil on low with the door open for about 30 seconds. The oven shelf should be about 6 inches below the heat source. Keep an eye on them and remove when they are nice and golden brown.
- Add the marshmallows to the milk and whisk until smooth. Refrigerate until well chilled.
- After the marshmallow mixture is well chilled, you are ready to make your ice cream.
- Whisk the sugar, cream and vanilla into the chilled marshmallow milk.
- Freeze according to the directions on your ice cream freezer.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips, graham cracker and miniature marshmallows. Transfer to a freezer container and freeze until ready to eat (or enjoy it now!)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 66mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 3g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.