You can easily make these s’mores bars in just a few minutes and with a few simple ingredients. They travel well, everyone loves them and the kids can help make them.
You can take them to parties, pack them in lunch boxes or serve them as an after school snack. It’s all of the flavor of s’mores without a campfire… or an oven!
These fun bars are the perfect potluck or party treat! They give you all of the flavor you would expect in a s’more treat but they come together so easily.
They are a cross between a rice krispie treat and that campfire favorite treat. They are so much more portable and easier to make for a crowd than a traditional s’more as well. So make these versatile treats the next chance you get!
By now you might be able to tell we have a slight obsession with all things s’mores. We love the real deal.
Little Dude loves building backyard fires in our fire pit. Of course a fire makes you want to toast some marshmallows.
Roasted marshmallows make you want to add some chocolate. Graham crackers make it a lot easier to eat without getting sticky melty marshmallows all over everything.
You see how it goes. There’s nothing we can do to stop the train once it leaves the station.
Of course you can’t just build a campfire any old time. Sometimes weather gets in the way, or you need to bring a treat somewhere.
Bringing the fire and the s’mores along to a party isn’t always possible. That is where these fun treats come in handy.
You get all of the great flavor but in a less messy, make ahead package. The best part is they are so easy the kids can make them!
If you really want to take it to the next level, sere them with some homemade s’mores ice cream. It is the perfect pairing!
For more fun s’mores treats, check out my recipe for s’mores dip. We make our with leftover Easter candy, but you can make it with any chocolate or marshmallows you have.
Or check out the s’mores bars. They have a layer of graham crackers, a gooey chocolate center and melted marshmallows on top. The best part is they use a cake mix so they are done in 20 minutes or less!
Love this recipe? Give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review in the recipe card below!
- 10 ounce marshmallows
- 12 ounce bag milk chocolate chocolate chips (frozen)
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 12 oz box (about 8 cups) Golden Graham Cereal
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- Place chocolate chips in your freezer to chill
- Spray or lightly butter a 9x13 pan
- Melt butter in a pot over medium heat
- Add marshmallows and stir until almost completely melted (alternatively, melt butter and marshmallows in glass bowl in microwave)
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla
- Add cereal
- Stir gently until the cereal is coated, add frozen chocolate chips and continue to stir
- Press into the pan (you can use the butter wrapper to press down on the cereal to keep it from sticking to your fingers)
- Cover and let sit until set (You can chill them to make them set faster)
- Store in an airtight container
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 166mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.