S’mores have never been so cute (or so easy!) The melted chocolate base is covered with fun golden and gooey Peeps marshmallows making a fabulous dip for your graham crackers.
Put that Easter candy to good use. This s’mores dip is a super fun way to enjoy it. The melted chocolate base is covered with gooey marshmallow. All you need is some graham crackers to dig in with! This is one everyone is going to love.
If you are anything like me, you have a love/hate relationship with Easter candy. At first, like in any new relationship, it is all love.
Chocolate eggs and jellybeans, where have you been all my life? I have missed you so. Please come around more often.
Then Eater comes and the candy multiplies. Why yes, I will have another peanut butter egg. Thanks for asking! Then by a couple days after Easter, all your favorites are gone.
How does a whole bag of those mini eggs disappear into thin air like that?! (Don’t judge… they are so little and soooooo good!)
By midweek after Easter I just can’t with the candy any more. WHY IS THERE SO MUCH?! How did it get to be everywhere? When will it be gone?
For Pete’s sake, shorts season is right around the corner. Why have you forsaken me Easter Bunny?!
So I did what any person in my predicament would do, brought in reinforcements! Chloe and Pops seemed happy to come see what I was up to. So they played with Little Dude while I melted down some chocolate bars, eggs and kisses, and stirred in a little cream.
A nice thick layer of Peeps was arranged on top before taking a quick trip to the oven. A few minutes later, those bunnies were nice and soft with a beautiful tan. Next thing we knew, we were all digging in with animal and graham crackers.
Even my husband was impressed! We managed “dispose of” a little more than 2 packages of Peeps, and a fair number of chocolates. We still have a little work left to do, by the Easter candy saga of 2016 is almost over!
If you are looking for more fun ways to use up Easter candy, may I suggest Easter egg blondies? They are super easy to whip up and fun to eat as well!
Or for another cute and easy way to jazz up Peeps, try chocolate dipped Peeps. They have a fluffy white tail making them extra darling.
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate candies
- 4 T cream
- 2 1/2 packages Peeps (you could easily make as few as 1 pack work if you wanted a single layer of Peeps)
- Dippers such as animal crackers or graham crackers
- In a 8-9" cast iron skillet (or any thick bottom oven safe skillet), melt chocolate and cream over low heat. Stir frequently to avoid burning the chocolate and warm until melted and smooth.
- Arrange Peeps over melted chocolate. Place under the broiler set to low until the Peeps are gooey and golden brown. This should take about 5 minutes, but keep a very close eye on it so you don't end up with charred mallows. Unless you're into that sort of thing. Then char away!
- Serve warm with your favorite dippers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.