Super cute and really tasty s’mores bars can be yours in almost no time at all. They only require 5 ingredients and almost no effort!
Take that iconic s’mores combination and make it into a fun bar. With a graham cracker base, deliciously gooey chocolate brownie-like layer and fun toasted marshmallow topper it is hard to go wrong! If you have Peeps leftover after a holiday, this is a perfect way to use them. They get golden, gooey and oh so delicious!
The best part is the recipe starts with a cake mix, so it whips up quick and easily. You can have it in the oven in a matter of minutes!
You can tell spring has sprung when colorful treats hit the supermarket shelves. Few things are as iconic at Easter time as those marshmallow chicks and bunnies.
I already had a s’more dip recipe on the blog that utilizes Peeps, so I thought it would be fun to explore that theme a little further.
You can never have too many s’more inspired treats after all. No matter how many I have, I’ll always want s’more. 😂🤣
Excuse the bad humor, I can’t help myself sometimes!
Back to the matter at hand, I was really happy with how these bars turned out. I had them in the oven less than 10 minutes after I decided to make them.
With only a short 15 minute bake time, they are ready in a jif. I would let them cool a smidge before you cut them, but you can always put them in the fridge for a couple of minutes if you are in a hurry.
The graham cracker base gives them some stability, so you can keep the chocolate layer on the gooey side if you’d like. Each bite has the perfect combination of textures and flavors.
My boys were pretty excited when they saw them. It’s hard not to get excited about something as fun and tasty as these though.
Tips and Tricks for making S’mores Bars:
- I lined my pan with foil to make cutting the bars easier. You can just lift the whole batch out of the pan and cut them without cutting into the side of the pan.
- To easily line your pan, form the foil over the outside/bottom of the pan. Once it is shaped, place it inside the pan.
- I found using my fingers was the easiest way to spread the batter over the graham crackers.
- The bars cut more cleanly if they have a chance to cool and set up a bit before removed from the pan and cut.
- You can store these at room temperature for up to a week.
For another cute and easy way to jazz up Peeps, try chocolate dipped Peeps. They have a fluffy white tail making them extra darling.
- 8 graham crackers
- 1 (15.25 ounce) chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 16 Peeps
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 9×13″ pan with aluminum foil. Lightly spray with baking spray.*
- Lay the graham crackers in the bottom of the pan, forming a single layer.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together cake mix, eggs and chocolate. Spread over the graham crackers.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and place Peeps over the chocolate layer.
- Return to oven for 5-6 minutes.
- Cool before removing from pan and cutting into bars.
*You don’t have to line the pan with foil, it just makes removing the bars and cutting clean even slices easier.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 288mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.