Use those cute candy eggs to make these fun bars! These Easter egg blondies are so easy to make, are perfect for a party or crowd. A light crunch on top gives way to a chewy middle for the perfect treat!
Blondies are the brown sugar and vanilla cousin to brownies. This recipe is perfect for your Easter crowd.
They are filled with fun candies and topped with sprinkles. The batter comes together really quickly and your friends and family will love them!
Each year I fall a little bit more in love with Easter food. The pretty pastels, the fun bunny shapes and all of the eggs.
When I was a kid, MiMi always loved the Mini Cadbury Eggs. I always thought they were ok, but they weren’t my favorites.
As time goes on I look forward to them more and more each year. There is just something about them that is so tasty and the fact that they aren’t available year round probably doesn’t hurt anything either.
Add to that anticipation the fact that Reese’s now makes Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Eggs and you basically can’t stop my face from grinning. So I thought it would be fun to put these two into a tasty treat.
I originally had really big fancy plans, but I had a whole menu of things I wanted to make for our annual Easter party and only one day to get it all done.
Darn new jobs and not being able to take days off for party prep and cooking! So I scaled back and went for something much easier.
Though these blondies come together in almost no time and aren’t quite as fancy as what I originally had planned, there is a pretty darn good chance that our guests will like them even more.
They have the classic chocolate and peanut butter flavors that our friends and families always go gaga for in a a chewy bar. As easy as they are to make, they go down even easier!
I can’t wait to see everyone enjoy them at the party.
If you like blondies like this, definitely check out my other recipes as well. Cookies and cream blondies are easy and delicious, salted caramel M&M blondies are a different twist on these bars as well.
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 cups candy coated eggs
- a generous handful colorful sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray your 13x18x1 pan (half sheet jelly roll pan) with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together brown sugar and oil. Beat in the eggs and the vanilla.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until well mixed.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Sprinkled candies and sprinkles over the top of the dough.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. The edges should be golden and the middle should test clean with a toothpick is inserted.
- Cool completely and then cut into squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 0gSugar: 36gProtein: 2g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.