The perfect way to remake your Easter leftovers, this settles whether to make egg or ham salad. Do both at once with deviled ham and egg salad!
This is the perfect spread for sandwiches or crackers. Take the leftover ham and hard boiled eggs from Easter and turn them into lunch… or dinner… or a snack! You will love the not to the flavor of deviled eggs mixed with savory ham all in one fabulous salad.
Whew! We survived the weekend. I don’t know about you, but ours was packed to the gills with fun and food.
I am still feeling fun, tired and the fridge is fuller than full. Somehow the leftovers seem to take more room than the groceries they were made from!
So it is time to get to work on eating them up. While just heating up a plate of leftovers is always a great option, one of my favorite things to do is rework them into something new.
I couldn’t decide what to make first, a ham salad or egg salad. So I decided to make both!
The textures and flavors of the two work so well together and they definitely scream Easter leftovers to me! So when a small group of my blogging friends decided to share Easter leftover ideas, I just knew this would be a great one to share.
The dressing is based on our favorite deviled egg flavors. Of course we have plenty of hard boiled eggs left. Little man was really excited about dying them, so we did three dozen!
We used a dozen of them in my deviled egg potato salad and another dozen in this. So we are working our way through them quickly!
The ham gives that extra savory flavor and really adds something to the finished product. I think you’ll agree that it is a great combination.
I love having egg or ham salad on crackers, but this definitely makes a great sandwich as well. Pile it on some toast for a quick lunch.
What are your favorite ways to rework your Easter leftovers?
Deviled Ham and Egg Salad
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 Tablespoons vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 3 cups ham chopped
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, sweet relish, mustard and seasoning.1 cup mayonnaise, 1 Tablespoons vinegar, 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar, 3 Tablespoons sweet relish, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
- Chop eggs and ham into small pieces.12 hard boiled eggs, 3 cups ham
- Stir into dressing and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve with bread, toast or crackers.