Brownie mix cookies super chocolaty with a rich fudgy center. The best part is that they only take a few simple ingredients and a few minutes to put together.
If you like a nice gooey brownie, you are going to love these cookies. They have that texture in the center, but they are easier to eat thanks to their portable cookie nature.
They are perfect for lunchbox snacks, parties, Christmas, and more. This recipe is an easy way to get your chocolate fix.
You can make cookies from a brownie mix?
Of course you can! Just like making cookies from a cake mix, a brownie mix can give you a head start towards making really simple cookies.
Brownie mixes don’t have much flour in them, though, so you need to add a little bit in order to make the cookies hold their shape.
A couple of eggs, some vanilla, and a little bit of oil complete the cookie dough. Then, as if the brownie mix wasn’t chocolaty enough, go ahead and stir in some chocolate chips.
Those gooey melted chips really add something to the cookies. This will probably be your new favorite way to make double chocolate cookies.
Tips and Tricks
This cookie dough is really thick. When you first start stirring it together, it will seem like there isn’t enough liquid.
Keep stirring, and it should come together to form a ball. If there really isn’t enough to bring it together, add another tablespoon of oil.
This cookie dough doesn’t require any chill time. You can make it and then scoop it and bake it without waiting.
The cookies will be pretty soft when they come out of the oven. Let them set up on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adding Variety to Your Cookies
If double chocolate cookies aren’t your thing, try using a different flavor of chips. White chocolate chips or peanut butter chips would be delicious.
If you like nuts in your brownies, try stirring in 1/2 cup of chopped nuts in place of 1/2 of the chocolate chips.
Maybe you like salted chocolate. Then sprinkle a little coarse salt over the top of the cookies.
Or place a little vanilla ice cream between two cookies for the fudgiest ice cream sandwich of your life.
More Easy Cookie Recipes
For another shortcut chocolate cookie, try making chocolate peanut butter cake mix cookies. They only take four ingredients to make.
Coconut macaroons are another super simple cookie to make. They use 5 ingredients and make a chewy coconut cookie.
If you like shortcut desserts like this, check out my collection of cake mix recipes. There are all kinds of different ideas.
Brownie Mix Cookies
- 18 ounce brownie mix
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375℉ and line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together brownie mix and flour until combined.18 ounce brownie mix, ¼ cup all purpose flour
- Add the eggs, oil, and vanilla. Mix until combined. The dough will be really thick. If it is to dry to incorporate all of the dry ingredients, add an extra Tablespoon of oil.2 large eggs, ¼ cup vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Scoop about 1 Tablespoon balls of dough onto the lined baking sheets, place at least a couple inches apart.1 cup chocolate chips
- Bake for 8 minutes, then cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.