Perfectly easy to make oatmeal bars that are kissed with brown sugar are a great grab and go breakfast or fun homemade snack.
With just a handful of simple ingredients and a couple minutes of prep you can have these delicious oatmeal bars in the oven and ready to devour! They make a perfect grab and go breakfast for busy mornings.
You could also serve them with fresh fruit and yogurt for a leisurely breakfast. Or pack them for an easy answer to the mid afternoon slump or after school treat for the kids!
By now we all know there are a few ingredients I can’t help but to love. Of course I can’t help but to put brown sugar in things when I have the chance.
Even deeper than my love of brown sugar is my infatuation with oatmeal. I mean it’s healthy, super versatile and I live the texture it adds to food.
If you are a regular here, you know baked oatmeal is a staple on our breakfast table. Some baked oatmeal is dense or dry, but we like ours soft and fluffy.
But these brown sugar oatmeal squares might be the most versatile of all. They could be served at a sit down breakfast or be grabbed on the way out the door for a quick morning bite.
They also make a perfect treat to tuck in your purse for a little snack at work or between errands. Have some ready for the kids when they get home from school to help give them the energy to power through homework or practice.
You could even serve them as a simple dessert for when you need a little something sweet but don’t want to go whole hog. There are just so many great ways to enjoy them!
What are your favorite grab and go treats?
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a review in the recipe card.
Brown Sugar Oatmeal Squares
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups quick/instant oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter melted
- Optional: pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line your baking dish with parchment (optional, but makes removal a whole lot easier!)
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together all ingredients until well mixed.
- Divide mixture between two 8-inch square pans (or a 9×13) and firmly press into pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Bars will be soft straight from the oven but will crisp up as they cool.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then turn onto a cutting board. Run a knife along the edges if necessary to release. Then cut into bars while still warm.
- Cool completely and then store in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to eat.