This creamy casserole is full of flavor. Dinner is sure to be popular with your family when it’s this cheesy ham and broccoli noodle casserole!
Leftover ham is too delicious to waste. The pretty slices make great sandwiches, but what should we do with the not so pretty hunks that are left?
There are so many great options, but this ham and noodle casserole with broccoli and cheese is one of our favorites.
A few days later I saw the hams on super sale at the store though and couldn’t pass them up. In fact, I already had planned to get one if they had any left.
I just love picking up stuff like that, especially when it’s something like ham that has a little longer shelf life.
Of course we had a ham dinner, but we were really after the leftovers. I cut as many thin slices as I could for sandwiches.
My husband eats a sandwich for lunch every day during the week and it’s always extra good when we have leftover turkey or ham instead of lunch meat.
MiMi had made a ham version of that casserole a couple of months ago and I thought that was genius. Broccoli, ham and cheddar just go so well together, so it makes perfect sense that I liked it so much.
Little Dude and my husband are big fans of the chicken version, so I knew they’d be on board too. Of course they were happy campers when it showed up on the table.
What are your favorite ways to use leftover ham?
Cheesy Ham and Broccoli Noodle Casserole
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 onion chopped
- ½ cup flour
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- ¾ cup milk
- 5 cups diced ham
- 12 oz package frozen broccoli thawed
- 2 cups shredded cojack or cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease a 9×13 pan
- Boil noodles according to package directions to al dente, then drain and pour into greased baking dish.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Cook onion in butter until tender. Add flour and cook for a minute or two.
- Pour the chicken broth into the pot while stirring. Add the milk and continue to cook until it begins to thicken, stirring frequently.
- Spread ham and broccoli over noodles, then pour the sauce over the top of it. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.