Smooth, creamy and oh so good! This no-churn ice cream is exploding with peanut butter flavor and is dotted with chocolate chips. It is almost too easy!
Creamy peanut butter ice cream dotted with chocolate chips. this ice cream pairing is perfect! The best thing is you don’t need an ice cream maker to enjoy it.
You are just a few simple ingredients away from homemade no churn ice cream. What are you waiting for? Get some in the freezer now!
To tell you the truth, I’ve been trying to avoid the whole no churn ice cream craze. It’s not because I don’t think I’d like it. In fact, it’s for the complete opposite reason.
You see, we love ice cream. Too much.
Luckily I have self control at the store and can pass up the frozen treat aisle more often than not. If I cave and buy a tub of creamy cold deliciousness, it is unlikely to make it longer than a few days at home.
The three of us all know we have to enjoy what little we get because the others may polish it off at any time, without warning. If I buy some for a party I have to hide it in the dark recesses of our deep freezer, you know under the frozen vegetables, if I want it to still be around for its intended use.
That is why until now I kept myself (and my poor jeans) protected in a cloud of purposeful ignorance. I deluded myself into believing that you needed special equipment to make ice cream.
These things were best left to MiMi and her ice cream maker attachment. I could never make ice cream as good as hers.
But my husband who has spent the last few months working around the clock is finally taking a much needed break. Plus my blogging friends are hosting an ice cream social.
I didn’t want to be rude and skip the fun and my husband deserves a treat. So I really didn’t have much choice, did I?!
While MiMi does make the best homemade cream, I am going to have to do some serious work to get back to my delusional bliss that I can’t make my own ice cream.
So please send your condolences to my skinny jeans and wish my fat jeans luck. It could get interesting!
I thought it would be fun to make an ice cream using our favorite flavors, chocolate and peanut butter. I didn’t want the peanut butter flavor to get lost, so it’s in the ice cream base and there is a ribbon of extra peanut butter goodness throughout.
A few mini chocolate chips add a fun texture and that little bit of chocolate. For more chocolate goodness, drizzle with hot fudge. You know we did and it was amazing!
And as an added bonus, you’ll learn during the process that you can make peanut butter whipped cream. Don’t be surprised if I come up with a hundred ways to use that in the near future!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip No Churn Ice Cream
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 4 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 Tablespoons cream
- Whipping the cream will work best if you chill the mixer bowl and peanut butter for a little while first. Of course you want your cream as cold as possible as well. Just stick it all in the fridge until you’re ready to go.
- Whip the cream, peanut butter and vanilla until it holds stiff peaks.
- Fold in the sweetened condensed milk until combined. Then stir in most of the chocolate chips. Pour into a large loaf pan or other storage container.
- In a small bowl, stir together additional peanut butter and cream to loosen up the peanut butter a bit. Drop small spoonfuls on top of ice cream and gently swirl with knife to distribute. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Freeze for at least a couple of hours or until set. Serve with hot fudge if desired.