Creamy and cool, this lemonade no churn ice cream is simple to make and is the epitome of summer!
Creamy no churn ice cream with a fun lemonade twist is the perfect taste of summer. It’s cool and refreshing, creamy and sweet. The best part is how simple it is to make. You don’t even need an ice cream maker!
If there were to sit down and make a list of iconic summer food and drinks, it’s hard to imagine that ice cream and lemonade wouldn’t make the cut.
After all, both are great ways to cool yourself on a hot day. They are classics for a reason too. (Because they are so good!)
With this weekend usually signifying the unofficial end of summer, my friends and I thought we’d celebrate with a last hoorah of summer event.
Though Labor Day Weekend is a time when public pools start shutting down and shutters are placed on some summer hot spots, the heat isn’t quite over yet.
So before we turn our focus to apples and pumpkins, we thought we’d give summer and it’s recipes one last day in the sun. ☀️
This super simple lemonade ice cream is like that summer ray of sunshine, but in frozen form. It whips up in minutes and the hardest part is waiting for it to freeze.
While the flavor is summery, don’t feel like you have to wait until next summer to enjoy it. Make any excuse to make a batch now too!
Besides, lemonade and ice cream might be summer’s poster children, but they are enjoyed year round at parties everywhere.
So give yourself permission to make that batch now. Then do it again a few times over the course of winter to celebrate a birthday or just remind yourself summer is coming and the cold dark days will leave eventually.
That way you can be plenty practiced when next summer rolls around. See we’ll thank ourselves for thinking ahead!
What are your favorite summer recipes? Do you have any fun Labor Day Weekend traditions? Be sure to check below the recipe for more great last hoorah of summer ideas.
Tips and tricks:
- Start with a Tablespoon of lemonade powder and adjust to your taste.
- If you want an extra lemony kick of flavor, stir in a half teaspoon or so of lemon extract.
- This would be great served with pound cake and berries.
- Or serve a scoop with some lemon velvet cake!
More great no churn ice cream recipes:
If you prefer traditional ice cream made in a machine, you may like:
Did you make this great recipe? Please leave a review in the recipe card below!
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon powdered lemonade (more or less depending on your taste preference)*
- 2-3 drops yellow food coloring
- Beat heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks. Fold in the sweetened condensed milk.
- Add lemonade powder to taste and add a little yellow food coloring if desired.
- Transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze for at least 3 hours or until frozen solid. When ready to serve, allow to soften on the counter for about 5 minutes before serving.
use the lemonade powder that is ready to be mixed in water.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 418Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 101mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 0gSugar: 38gProtein: 7g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.