Peanut butter, chocolate and bananas come together to make this dairy free, gluten free, guilt free chocolate peanut butter nice cream treat. It takes almost no effort to make and tastes like a dream!
Making a batch of creamy chocolate peanut butter nice cream only takes 3 ingredients and about 5 minutes. The hardest part is waiting for it to freeze so you can dig in.
This nice cream recipe doesn’t use any dairy. It tastes rich and creamy like ice cream but really uses frozen ripe bananas for both the texture and sweetness.
You will love how easy it is to make and how good it tastes!
Peanut Butter + Chocolate = Heaven
There’s the no bake peanut butter pie with chocolate covered pretzel crust, for example. It’s creamy and dreamy and super good.
I also have a recipe for no churn peanut butter chocolate chip ice cream. It’s another great frozen peanut butter and chocolate treat.
This time I decided to stay a bit more virtuous. There’s no heavy cream to be found in this recipe.
Instead we are relying on frozen bananas for both the creamy base and the sweetness of this nice cream.
Add some peanut butter and chocolate and voila! A perfectly tasty and healthier treat is born.
Items to have on hand to make chocolate peanut butter nice cream
A food processor– this makes getting that creamy texture super easy.
Frozen bananas– I always have a bag of ripe bananas in the freezer. They are perfect for tossing into smoothies, using for baked goods, and of course making nice cream.
Peanut butter– pretty much any kind would do!
Tips for making your nice cream great
Be patient. It takes a little while for the texture to get nice and smooth and creamy.
For the first minute or two it will look granulated, almost like mini dippin’ dots. Keep processing it and you’ll end up with the correct ice cream texture.
Give it a taste after you process it. If your bananas weren’t super sweet, you may wish to add a couple of drops of honey or maple syrup. Just process it again for a bit to mix it in.
You can eat it as soon as you make it, but it will have a softer consistency. Freeze it for a couple of hours for a firmer scoop.
What are your favorite peanut butter and chocolate treats?
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Nice Cream
- 4 ripe bananas frozen
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- Optional: a teaspoon or two of honey or maple syrup
- Place all ingredients in the food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Serve right away or scoop into a container and freeze for a more solid scoop.
- Store leftovers in the freezer.
- Buckeye Trail Mix by The Spiffy Cookie
- Buckeye Crunch Popcorn by Palatable Pastime
- Muddy Buddy Rice Krispie Treats by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Shortbread Bars by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake by The Redhead Baker
- Classic Peanut Butter Chocolate-Filled Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice