An easy to make no bake cheesecake loaded with candy canes is a perfect addition to your Christmas dessert table.
Your Christmas dessert repertoire doesn’t have to begin and end at cookies. This candy cane laden no bake peppermint cheesecake is a perfect holiday dessert. You can make it ahead of time and it doesn’t require any oven space!
I love the combination of peppermint and chocolate this time of year. It is just so festive and fun
The combination of things like peppermint ice cream and homemade hot fudge or candy canes in hot chocolate is amazing and so seasonal.
I always get a little nervous adding peppermint extract though. Mostly because a little goes such a long way and if you overdo it even a bit, my brothers will complain that you’re trying to feed them toothpaste.
Don’t get me wrong, I loved the frostbite cookies and peppermint white hot chocolate I shared recently. But you’ll notice I added just a tiny bit as I tend to err on the side of caution with these things.
So I like to add that minty flavor in other ways when possible. Like using mint meltaways to make a delicious frozen pie I’m sharing in a couple of days.
My other favorite way is using candy canes. It is hard to go too far to the peppermint side when you’re using candy as the flavoring!
Once your crust is made, whip up the filling. Nothing about this takes too long, in fact waiting for the cream cheese to soften may be the hardest part.
Give yourself plenty of time to let the cheesecake set in the refrigerator and you’ll be in business. It is a perfect make ahead dessert for your next holiday party.
Be sure to check out the other sweet treats my friends are sharing today. There are some fabulous ideas.
And be sure to stay tuned for the next chocolate mint pie. It is very different than this one and also a fabulous addition to your holiday dessert menu.
- 25 sandwich cookies*
- 5 Tablespoons melted butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups very cold cream
- 12 candy canes
- Place cookies into food processor and pulse until you have fine crumbs.
- Put crumbs in the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. Add melted butter and use your fingers to mix into the cookie crumbs. Press cookie crumbs along the bottom of the pan to form an even crust. Apply pressure to ensure it sticks together, using the bottom of a measuring cup is a great way to do that!
- Place in refrigerator to set.
- Unwrap candy canes and place in food processor. Process into fine pieces.
- In a large bowl (or your stand mixer), beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and beat until incorporated.
- With the mixer running on high, slowing drizzle in the cream. Continue to beat until light and fluffy.
- Stir in half of the candy cane bits.
- Spread over prepared crust and refrigerate for at least a couple of hours or freeze for at least an hour.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with remaining candy cane bits.
*You want about 1 1/2 cups of crumbs, feel free to use sandwich cookies, graham crackers or whatever you like.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 428Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 366mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 8g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.