Share with your friends!
Chewy chocolate cookies packed completely full with chocolate and mint candy bits. They are festive, easy and sure to please!
The combination of mint and chocolate always makes me think of the holidays. Whether it’s candy cane ice cream topped with simple hot fudge or a box of fine chocolates with mint meltaways, the flavors are sure to put a smile on my face and a ho ho ho in my head.
The problem is I have mixed luck with using mint extracts. Whether they are peppermint or spearmint, you have to have a very light touch.
If you overdo it, my brothers will be spattering and claiming you are feeding them toothpaste. Ha! I’m sure we’re not the only ones!
So I prefer to add those flavors in an already diluted and manageable form. That’s why I added crushed candy canes on Monday’s peppermint mocha cookies and today we’re adding the creme de menthe and chocolate bits.
It’s a lot harder to overdo it when you start with an already delicious on it’s own candy form! I also like these cookies because they are simple drop cookies.
I love decorated sugar cookies and gingerbread men as much as the next person at Christmas. But when you have a dozen types of cookies on your wish list and you want variety on your cookie trays, it’s nice to have some that aren’t super time consuming.
I started these off with a pretty basic chocolate cookie base then I stirred in as many of those mint chocolate bits as I thought I possibly could. So these are chalk full of goodness.
They do require a little time in the fridge if you want them to be thick and chewy, but otherwise they couldn’t get much easier!
Are all of these Christmas cookie recipes getting you in the spirit? What cookies are you going to make first?
If you are looking for a fun and different cookie recipe, check out the recipe for Fruity Pebbles cookies. They are a fun mix of chewy, crunchy, creamy and fruity.
- 10 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup crème de menthe and chocolate candy bits (from the baking aisle)
- Cream together the butter, brown sugar and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla, beating until incorporated.
- Stir in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until a uniform dough is formed.
- Fold in the crème de menthe candy bits. and scoop with a large cookie scoop (about 3 T) onto a cookie sheet. Chill for about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with parchment or silicon mats.
- Place cookies about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets and smoosh slightly. You don’t want them to be flat, but also don’t want them to be round balls. Just a slight smoosh will do.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool for about 10 minutes on the cookie sheet and then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 102mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.
Share with your friends!