Bites of creamy orange cheesecake goodness are dipped in chocolate to make this one of a kind no bake treat!
Imagine biting through a crunchy chocolate shell to have your teeth sink into a creamy orange center. Actually, don’t imagine it. Whip up a batch and try it for yourself. Chocolate covered orange cheesecake truffles may just become your new favorite!
It’s #ChristmasSweetsWeek so it goes without saying it’s going to be fun and delicious. It’s also going to be super SWEET!
Our great sponsors have sent some fun ingredients for us to create recipes with and prizes for you to win too! Be sure to check out all of the information below.
Some work friends and I did a marathon cookie baking session last week. We made tons of the classics. We each had lots of delicious cookies to make trays and spread some holiday cheer.
But I love to throw a few new things in each year. Cream cheese truffles have been on my mind for a while now, just waiting for a chance to be made.
When a bottle of LorAnn Orange Emulsion showed up at my door, the lightbulb went off. Orange cheesecake bites with a chocolate shell!
Ding ding! We have a winner!
Of course some Dixie Crystal powdered sugar helped make them sweet and delicious. The inside was melt in your mouth good and my husband kept going back for one more.
The filling whips up easily, but I definitely recommend giving them plenty of time in the freezer. That will make the rolling and dipping process go a lot easier.
My husband also highly recommends eating them cold, even frozen. He liked them at room temperature as well, but not as much as when they were cold.
So jazz up your next party with delicious cheesecake truffles and feel free to experiment with different flavors. Then let me know what you’ve tried and loved! Also be sure to check out the other Christmas sweets below.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange emulsion
- 1 pound chocolate
- Beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add powdered sugar and orange emulsion, beating until completely incorporated.
- Use a small cookie scoop to portion about 2 teaspoons at a time onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Place in freezer for at least an hour.
- After freezing for a while, roll the scooped mounds of cheesecake filling between your hands to form rounded balls. Return to the freezer for at least another hour or two. Overnight would be fine.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate until it is smooth. Dip the frozen cheesecake balls and place on wax paper to set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 38mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 18gProtein: 1g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.