Fluffy whipped cream spiked with coffee and chocolate. It is a great frosting for cakes, topping for cheesecakes or would be great floating on your cup of coffee.
This mocha whipped cream is all of the best parts of your favorite expensive coffee drinks in whipped cream form. In fact, I think there is more coffee flavor in this whipped cream than there is in a mocha and one of those places!
You will be amazed how much coffee and chocolate punch this packs while still being a light and fluffy whipped cream.
As much as I love frosting, it isn’t a big leap to assume I love whipped cream too. And I do!
For the longest time I thought there was only kind of whipped cream…. whipped cream!
A little vanilla a tiny bit of sugar and you are in business. Then my eyes were opened to a whole new world.
I even made horseradish whipped cream for our prime rib feast on New Year’s. But this version has the most flavor yet!
It is bursting with coffee and chocolate flavors. It isn’t overly sweet, but you could certainly increase the sugar some if you’d like it a bit sweeter.
You are just going to have to try it to believe it!
I have used it for a variety of desserts. It is fabulous on top of brownie chunk cheesecake. My siblings love that combination and a couple of them have requested that for their birthday desserts.
It is also absolutely fabulous as a frosting on coffee sponge cake. That cake is the perfect dessert for a grown up party.
It isn’t too sweet and tastes like a coffeehouse drink in cake form!
If you are a frosting fanatic like me, check out my Frosting 101. It goes through the different types of frosting and links to all sorts of delicious recipes!
- 2 Tablespoons bittersweet chocolate
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 cup cream (super cold)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate until it is smooth. Start with a 30 second burst, then stir. Microwave in 15 second bursts after that, stirring after each one until just melted and smooth.
- Stir together 1 T hot water and 1 T instant coffee. Stir into melted chocolate until smooth and allow to cool to room temperature.
- If you have the space, place your mixer bowl and beater in the refrigerator to chill. (It's not necessary, but does help the cream whip easier.) Whip cream, vanilla and sugar until it just begins to form soft peaks.
- With the mixer blade going, add the chocolate/coffee mixture to the bowl. Whip until you reach your desired consistency.
- Store in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 40Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.