Turn a cloud into dessert. This dessert is both simple and amazing. A light and crisp meringue topped with cocoa whipped cream, fresh raspberries and a chocolate drizzle. Raspberry cocoa pavlova may be your new favorite dessert!
If ever there was a perfect dessert, this might be it. A crisp meringue base that gives way to a marshmallow-y center. Fluffy chocolate whipped cream nestled on top. A smattering of delicious fresh raspberries and a drizzle of chocolate to finish it off.
This is a symphony of textures and a delightful mix of flavors. Make one today to find out for yourself!
After making a couple of batches of Minions Baked Custards, I found myself with extra cream and egg whites on hand. Now, I am not one to waste such tasty ingredients, especially if they lend themselves so well to a delicious dessert.
My immediate thought was pavlova! I have to make a pavlova!
I mean, that was your first thought too, right?!
It should have been, this was delicious!
This dessert is actually very easy to make. It has a few steps and takes a little time, but not one part of it is actually hard to do.
First the egg whites turn into the meringue base. Then a batch of cocoa whipped cream gets beaten into a fluffy nest for the fresh raspberries to sit on.
A quick drizzle of chocolate and your guests will be amazed. So will your taste buds!
My cousin Emily was over helping me make cookies, so her family joined us for our weekly family dinner. She said that this yummy treat is her new favorite dessert.
That or the kolacky which she had just tried for the first time too. 😉 Both are great in very different ways, so I can understand her quandary. I guess we’ll just have to make them both again!
Love this recipe? Give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review in the recipe card below!
- 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 recipe cocoa whipped cream
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- 2 Tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Using a pencil, trace around a 9-inch pan or bowl on a piece of parchment. Place pencil mark down on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar and corn starch.
- In mixer bowl, beat together egg whites, cream of tartar and salt with whisk attachment until foamy.
- Slowly add in sugar mixture. Turn the speed up to medium-high and beat until stiff and glossy.
- Carefully fold in vanilla.
- Pile meringue into the center of the circle your drew on the parchment. Spread evenly toward the edge using the circle as your guide.
- Place in the oven and immediately turn the oven down to 250 F. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Turn oven off, but leave the meringue in the oven until completely cool. Once completely cool you can prepare pavlova immediately or carefully wrap meringue until ready to use.
- To assemble, place meringue on serving dish. Top with cocoa whipped cream. Arrange raspberries.
- Melt chocolate chips and stir in coconut oil. Drizzle over pavlova and serve!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 93Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 30mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.