Make your whole homestyle meal on one sheet pan. Everyone can enjoy their own mini meatloaf along with roasted green beans and potatoes and there’s only one pan to clean!
These little meatloaves are loaded with all of the flavor you would expect. They are topped with a simple sweet and tangy sauce too. But the best part is the smaller size means they cook more quickly.
Load your pan up with potatoes and vegetables and everything cooks together. There are fewer dishes to clean and even bigger taste that way!
It has been a little while since I shared a sheet pan meal with you. And for that I do apologize.
Sheet pan suppers are such a great way to get dinner on the table.
They almost all cook quickly, making weeknight dinner a breeze. Plus everything cooking on one pan means the flavors mingle a bit, making each part more flavorful than it would have been on its own.
The combination of meatloaf, potatoes and green beans just seems like a diner classic to me. There is something so homey and comforting about seeing them together on a plate.
Putting them all together on a sheet pan makes them accessible for an easy dinner at home. It’s a great way to show your love to everyone around the table.
We have enjoyed this meal several times now and I am always surprised at just how quickly it comes together. It’s not exactly a 30 minute meal, but it is doable on a weeknight.
Plus the results speak for themselves. They are so delicious.
I am always extremely happy to bring the leftovers to work for lunch. I generally reheat them and eat them as is.
But I can imagine loading up a meatloaf on a bun and having an amazing meatloaf sandwich. It would be like a hamburger meatloaf hybrid. Yum!
Alterations and things to try
Making the meatloaf out of hamburger is easy and delicious. It’s also great with a pound of ground venison and a half pound of ground pork or beef.
We love the roasted green beans, but feel free to try other vegetables. Halved brussels sprouts tossed in at the same time as the potatoes would be a great option.
Big chunks of bell pepper would be another great vegetable to try, maybe with some onions mixed in. Roasted broccoli or cauliflower would be great too!
If you have a favorite meatloaf recipe, try adapting it to a smaller size and cooking it this way. The options are truly limitless!
More sheet pan suppers
Pork tenderloin with potatoes and green beans is another great sheet pan meal. We marinate the meat in a balsamic maple mixture that gives it so much flavor.
During the summer we love to load up a sheet pan with sausage and summer vegetables. Again, a quick marinade takes this recipe from good to great.
If you are in the mood for something wrapped in a tortilla, whip up some sheet pan chicken fajitas.
What are your favorite sheet pan meals? I’m always open to trying a new recipe!
- 1.5 pounds new potatoes
- 1.5 pounds lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash the potatoes and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a bowl, gently mix together the ground beef, milk, bread crumbs, diced onion, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Be careful not to overwork the meat, just mix it enough to get everything evenly distributed.
- Divide the meat mixture into 6 equal pieces and form each portion into a small meatloaf.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Brush over the meatloaves.
- Toss the potatoes in 1 Tablespoon of oil, 1/4 teaspoon of garlic salt and a pinch of black pepper. Distribute around the meatloaves on the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile wash and trim the ends off the green beans. Toss in the remaining Tablespoon of oil, 1/4 teaspoon of garlic salt and pinch of black pepper.
- After the first 20 minutes of cook time, toss the potatoes around and then put the green beans on the pan. Bake for 20 more minutes.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 533Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 741mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 5gSugar: 11gProtein: 40g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.