Fresh green beans are cooked to tender crisp deliciousness quickly when they are roasted. This simple recipe gets a healthy side dish on the table quick and easily.
Roasted fresh green beans are a flavorful and super fast side dish. They go with almost any entree too. You can very easily switch up the seasonings to match your favorite flavor profiles too.
Green beans are one of our favorite vegetables. We grow a wall of green beans each year.
Our whole family enjoys them a variety of ways. Little Dude loves them pretty much just warmed from a can.
He and I are also huge fans of smothered green beans. The sweet, salty and bacon filled mix is absolutely delicious.
My husband prefers fresh green beans, but they definitely take a bit more effort. However they are totally worth it.
Usually I slow cook them for an hour or two with some ham and onions. Sometimes I even add some potatoes and can make a whole meal of that mix.
However on a busy night, speed is key. Sometimes a pressure cooker is the key to making them faster.
Garlic and soy green beans in the instant pot are an excellent example. That is another great base recipe that could be easily adapted.
But something about roasted vegetables gets me every time. Green beans are no different.
Once you get them cleaned, dried and the ends snapped off you are just a few minutes away from eating. The super hot oven gives you so much flavor so quickly.
Plus it allows you to get that perfect tender crisp finish. They are fun to grab and munch on. I have a hard time not just eating them right off the pan.
What are your favorite ways to enjoy green beans? Tell me about your favorite recipes and feel free to share pictures with me on social media!
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Clean the green beans and trim off the edge. Make sure they are completely dried.
- Place green beans on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Using your hands or a spatula, move the green beans around to distribute the oil and seasonings over the beans.
- Roast for 5 minutes, then give the pan a shake or use a spatula to stir the green beans a bit. Roast for 5-10 minutes more or until the green beans are done to your liking.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 44Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 181mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.