Roasted green beans are quick and easy to make and taste delicious. This simple side dish will have you coming back for more, so go ahead and put it on regular rotation on your dinner menu.
Roasted fresh green beans are a flavorful and super fast side dish. They go with almost any entree too.
You can very easily switch up the seasonings to match your favorite flavor profiles too.
Green beans are one of our favorite vegetables. We grow a wall of green beans each year.
Our whole family enjoys them a variety of ways. Little Dude loves them pretty much just warmed from a can.
He and I are also huge fans of smothered green beans. The sweet, salty and bacon filled mix is absolutely delicious.
My husband prefers fresh green beans, but they definitely take a bit more effort. However they are totally worth it.
Usually I slow cook them for an hour or two with some ham and onions. Sometimes I even add some potatoes and can make a whole meal of that mix.
However on a busy night, speed is key. Sometimes a pressure cooker is the key to making them faster.
Garlic and soy green beans in the instant pot are an excellent example. That is another great base recipe that could be easily adapted.
But something about roasted vegetables gets me every time. Green beans are no different.
Once you get them cleaned, dried and the ends snapped off you are just a few minutes away from eating. The super hot oven gives you so much flavor so quickly.
Plus it allows you to get that perfect tender crisp finish. They are fun to grab and munch on.
I have a hard time not just eating them right off the pan.
What are your favorite ways to enjoy green beans? Tell me about your favorite recipes and feel free to share pictures with me on social media!
For another great roasted veggie recipe, try making oven roasted brussels sprouts. It is another simple recipe that is hard to beat.
Love this recipe? Give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review in the recipe card below!
Simple Roasted Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Clean the green beans and trim off the edge. Make sure they are completely dried.
- Place green beans on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Using your hands or a spatula, move the green beans around to distribute the oil and seasonings over the beans.
- Roast for 5 minutes, then give the pan a shake or use a spatula to stir the green beans a bit. Roast for 5-10 minutes more or until the green beans are done to your liking.