Christmas popcorn is the perfect sweet and salty snack mix for all of your holiday needs. It is perfect for movie night, parties and more.
This popcorn and pretzel mix is drizzled in white chocolate and sprinkles making it sweet, salty and fun. The candies add extra chocolate flare and the combination is so much fun to eat.
You are only 5 ingredients and a few minutes away from this festive popcorn treat. It is the perfect snack to munch on while watching your favorite holiday movie.
Just imagine watching Elf, Home Alone or Love Actually while munching down on this crunchy mix. Or package some up in little cellophane bags for cute treats at a holiday party.
Tips and Tricks:
This recipe works well with air popped popcorn. You can use a bag of microwave popcorn if you would like, but it will be saltier and will get soft faster.
Be sure not to scorch the white chocolate candy melts. Put them in a small glass bowl and microwave at 50% power in 30 second spurts.
Stir the chocolate after each trip to the microwave and warming it once it stirs smooth. You can drizzle the melted chocolate with a spoon or use a piping bag if you find that easier.
Feel free to experiment with different flavors of chocolate. Using regular chocolate instead of white chocolate would be delicious or try dark chocolate.
Using mint chocolate would be delicious, or try using crushed candy canes instead of sprinkles if you want to add a little peppermint to the mix.
You can easily adapt this recipe for other holidays and occasions by just changing the color of the M&Ms and sprinkles as well.
How long does this popcorn mix last?
This popcorn is best enjoyed while fresh. You can store it in an airtight container for a couple of days, but it will start to get soft after that.
More Festive Snack Mix Recipes
If you like sweet and salty white chocolate treats, try making white Christmas trash. It is another crunchy festive snack that is easy to put together and sure to impress.
If caramel and toffee are more your jam, try making caramel Christmas snack mix. A bunch of different cereals and snacks are coated in a caramel mixture and microwaved until it is crunchy. Some festive candies bring it all together with a pop of color.
- 6 cups popcorn (already popped)
- 3/4 cup white candy wafers
- 1/4 cup holiday M&Ms
- 1 1/2 cups pretzels
- 2 teaspoons festive sprinkles
- Spread popcorn over a wax paper lined baking tray. Make sure there aren't any unpopped kernels in the popcorn.
- If desired, break up some of the pretzels a bit. Distribute pretzels and M&Ms over the popcorn.
- Carefully melt the white chocolate in short bursts in the microwave until you can stir it smooth. Drizzle over the popcorn.
- Quickly add the sprinkles while the chocolate is warm. Gently toss to distribute everything.
- Allow to sit until the chocolate sets, then serve.
- Leftover mix can be stored in an airtight container, but it is best enjoyed within a day or two of being made.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 252mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 2gSugar: 26gProtein: 2g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.