Banana makes these cupcakes moist and delicious. They are the perfect combo of chocolate, banana and cake!
Rich chocolate cupcakes with bananas mixed right in. You won’t believe how easy they are to make or how delicious they are! They are super moist, really chocolaty and oh so good. Whip up a batch to top with your favorite frosting. Or leave the frosting off and call them a muffin, I won’t judge!
Little Dude has been in a cupcake baking mood lately. I bought a big sleeve of cupcake wrappers when we were making his minion cupcakes for his birthday. Now every time he sees them he thinks we should bake.
So to keep on trend when Camilla thought it would be fun to celebrate chocolate cake day the first thing that popped into my head was to remake these chocolate banana cupcakes.
Of course Little Dude wanted to help. So I narrated the recipe.
This is the perfect recipe for little helpers because it can be made in a mixing bowl with a spatula. He loves doing it himself.
His favorite part is putting the liners in the pan though. Sometimes it’s the simple things!
The last time I made them for a family dinner a couple of years ago. We placed the baked cupcakes in the waffle maker and cooked them a second time.
This gave them crispy edges and warm valleys to hold the melty ice cream from the sundaes we built on the still warm cupcake waffles.
As good as those were, this time we went a bit more traditional and frosted them with sweetened condensed milk buttercream. Little Dude thought they needed sprinkles, so he was in charge of decorating them.
For a great chocolate frosting recipe, check out my chocolate sweetened condensed milk buttercream.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 cup neutral cooking oil (vegetable, canola etc.)
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 250° F and mix milk and vinegar and set aside
- In your mixer bowl, cream together bananas and sugar. Add oil and eggs and mix until uniform
- Stir in vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix together baking soda, flour, salt and cocoa.
- Alternate adding milk mixture and flour mixture until everything is added and batter is uniform
- Fill paper lined cupcake tins until the papers are at least 2/3 full
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until completely set and inserted toothpick comes out clean
- Cool completely before frosting
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 193Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 181mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 3g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.