Make golden and crispy toasted ravioli quick and easily in your air fryer! This St. Louis classic appetizer is perfect for parties, game day or just because!
Have you ever had toasted ravioli? They are a classic in the St. Louis area, so naturally being located so close we are familiar with them as well.
Get those golden crispy appetizers at home without the mess or smell of frying. Make them in an air fryer instead!
Now that it’s cold out, we have been trying to get back to watching a game or two on Sundays. It’s nice to kick our feet up, watch some football and do a little snacking.
Often that means I make a huge pot of chili and a snack or two. Then we watch the games and munch as we feel like it.
We also love to have people come watch the game with us. It’s fun to catch up, talk smack and have the excuse to make more snacks!
We have actually tried a number if fun things already with great success. A bag of frozen onion rings have never tasted so good as those we did in the air fryer. They were crispy, golden and delicious!
But those don’t hold a candle to these toasted ravioli. These puppies were easy to make and oh so good.
Just get a container of your favorite fresh or frozen (and defrosted) ravioli and you are ready to rock. Cheese or meat fillings are most popular, but any would be amazing.
From there all it takes is a dip in the egg wash and a coating of seasoned breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. A few minutes in the air fryer and toasty goodness is born!
We love dipping ours in a bit of marinara for a fabulous appetizer. However we love them so much, we could easily make a meal out of them. Yum!
I already have another air fryer recipe or two up my sleeve. I hope to share them with you once we get through all of the Christmas recipes.
Do you have an air fryer? What are your favorite things to make?
More great game day food:
- Make smaller versions of these buffalo chicken taquitos in your air fryer!
- Pulled pork nachos are always a great choice.
- Cookies and cream football cheese ball is a cute and sweet finish to your game day spread.
Or if you like hybrid Italian inspired recipes, make sure to check out the recipe for chicken Parmesan meatloaf. It is stuffed with melted cheese and absolutely loaded with flavor.
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 16-22 ounces bag fresh or frozen/defrosted ravioli
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs*
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- optional: cooking spray
- In a small bowl, beat together egg and water. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix together the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Dip the fresh or defrosted ravioli in the egg wash then in the bread crumbs and cheese. Make sure the entire surface is covered.
- If desired spray the surface of the raviolis with cooking spray.
- Place a few ravioli at a time into the air fryer basket. You don't want a ton of overlap if you can avoid it. Cook at 400 F for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with marinara and additional cheese if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 229mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: .5gProtein: 8g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.