Devilishly good cupcakes are super simple to make, if you have a whisk and a mixing bowl you can do it! They are also soft, chocolaty and devilishly good.
Soft and scrumptious chocolate cupcakes that are easy to make and have a rich chocolate flavor. These devilishly good chocolate cupcakes are going to become an instant favorite in your family like they did in ours. The hardest part will be deciding which frosting to top them with!
Truthfully, this recipe is hardly new to the blog. In fact, it is just a slight spin on an old favorite, the devilishly good chocolate cake.
I have used that recipe as the base for so many different chocolate cake recipes here, so you would think I might grown tired of it. You would think wrong!
The thing is, when you have something that is perfect already there is no need to keep looking for something else. This chocolate cake is THE chocolate cake for our family.
Of course it doesn’t hurt that it is so darned easy to make. Literally a couple of bowls and a whisk is all you need. Well, and a pan. And some ingredients…
Ok. So you do need a few things, but honestly it is really easy. You can whip one up at a moment’s notice because you don’t have to let any butter soften. There aren’t any eggs to beat either.
That is one of the best parts about this cake, it is just pantry staples that I absolutely always have on hand. No heavy equipment or complicated steps are required either.
But the absolute best part about this cake is how good it turns out absolutely every single time. I mean every time!
Some chocolate cakes are dry and bland, not this one! It is moist, flavorful, soft and delicious. (Just the way a chocolate cake should be!)
So whip up the batter and Little Dude will be happy to put some cupcake liners in your cupcake pans. It is one of his favorite jobs!
These beauties all turned into some fun fall cupcakes. Some got topped with crusting buttercream dyed orange with green buttercream tendrils and pretzel rod stems to make cute little pumpkins.
The little pumpkins got delivered to a bake sale at work to raise money for the local United Way. I wasn’t in the office much that day, so I am not sure how quickly they went. But the bake sale was a success, so I’d like to think it is because the cupcakes were so good! 😉
The rest got turned into other fun fall treats that I will share with you more in a day or two. I will also be sharing the delicious fudge frosting I put on them. YUMMMMMMM!
Do you have any recipes that you can’t quit like this? I’d love to hear all about the recipes that you just love so much that you keep going back to them every time you need something similar.
Here are some more recipes using this same chocolate cake base:
- The Original Devilishly Good Chocolate Cake
- Ruth’s Ding Dong Cake
- Rolo Poke Cake
- Chocolate Mini Bundt Cakes with Peanut Butter Whipped Cream
Great frosting recipes to top your cupcakes:
- Creamy Caramel Sweetened Condensed Milk Frosting
- White Chocolate Buttercream
- Whipped Sweetened Condensed Milk Frosting
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Buttercream
- Silky Smooth Fudge Frosting
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups hot water
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coffee extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and place cupcake liners in 24 cupcake wells.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Scoop into cupcake liners, they should be about 2/3 full. I use a large cookie scoop to make this part really easy!
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly touched with a finger.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 194mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.