Perfect single sized chocolate cakes drizzled with a chocolaty glaze and topped with peanut butter whipped cream. They are a little indulgent and perfect for a party!
These mini chocolate cakes are moist and delicious. They are the perfect single serve size to quench that sweet tooth craving.
Add a dollop of peanut butter whipped cream to take them to the next level. The best part is the batter is from scratch and comes together in just a few minutes.
Sometimes you just have one of those days when you need a whole cake. Like to yourself.
The whole dang thing! No? Just me? Forget I said anything!
Starting over. There is something extra fun about mini desserts and extra big desserts. Can we agree on that at least? Whew!
Whether your motivation is being able to say you ate a whole cake on your own or you just think these mini bundt cakes are the cutest thing you’ve seen in a while, do yourself a favor and make some.
Of course having a mini bundt cake pan helps a lot, but you can also bake the batter in cupcake pans and serve them upside down as individual cakes as well.
Just put less batter in the wells than you normally would so the make little cakes and not domed cupcakes.
I knew I wanted a moist chocolate cake for these little gems to really drive the chocolate theme home. So I did what I do every time I need a great chocolate cake base, I went straight to the devilishly good chocolate cake recipe.
I can’t help myself, I love that recipe.
Of course I am a frosting girl, but frosting those mini cakes would be a pain. So I made a quick chocolate glaze to drizzle over them. Then to take them to the next level, I whipped up some brown sugar peanut butter whipped cream.
I saw how beautifully peanut butter and cream whipped up when I was tinkering with peanut butter chocolate chip no churn ice cream and I’ve been waiting for the right moment to pull that little nugget back out ever since.
Now you just need to dream up an excuse to whip up some of these delicious beauties. If you don’t have enough family and friends who like moist chocolaty cake, rich drizzles of chocolate goodness and a side of the best parts of dense peanut butter and fluffy whipped cream… invite me!
I’d happily help you eat these up.
If you are looking for a full size cake recipe, check out my homemade chocolate Bundt cake with rich chocolate glaze. It is a nice moist cake with buttermilk baked in.
Mini Chocolate Bundt Cakes with Peanut Butter Whipped Cream
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups hot water
- ¾ cup oil
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup cream
Peanut Butter Whipped Cream
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup cream
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease mini bundt pans or cupcake pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, cocoa, flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a second bowl, mix together water, oil, vinegar, coffee and extracts.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Scoop just shy of 1/4 cup of batter into each well.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pans for about 5 minutes and then turn out onto wire rack until cooled completely.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and cocoa powder to combine.
- Add cream and stir until smooth.
- Adjust consistency with cream or powdered sugar until you reach your preferred drizzling consistency.
Peanut Butter Whipped Cream
- Put your peanut butter and brown sugar in a bowl. Place that bowl and your beater in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Beat peanut butter and sugar until smooth and then add cream. Slowly beat to incorporate and then beat on high until you form stiff peaks.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.