Cheesy garlic pull apart bread is like the best garlic bread you’ve ever had. You can pull cheesy chunks of bread out of a sourdough loaf and dip them in marinara for a fun snack, appetizer or side dish to your favorite pasta meal.
Pull out a piece of cheesy garlic bread and get the best of the crusty exterior and soft interior in every bite. This pull apart bread may just become your new favorite.
If you like cheesy garlic bread, you have just met your new best friend. This pull apart bread is that only better and even more fun.
Table of Contents
It is so much fun to share this loaf. Everyone gets to pull out pieces and dip them to their heart’s content.
What You’ll Need
Bread – A nice crust loaf works best. We used a loaf of crusty sourdough bread, but Italian or any artisanal loaf or boule will do.
Cheese – We like using shredded mozzarella. But feel free to add a little parmesan or experiment with different flavors. Monterey Jack would be good and even cheddar would be fun. Pre-shredded works great but for the smoothest finish, shred your own. The bags of cheese are coated in starch to keep it from clumping, but that also keeps it from melting quite the same.
Butter – We use salted butter because I always have a large stash. You can certainly use unsalted if you prefer.
Garlic Salt – Garlic salt gives this bread big garlic flavor and makes this bread extra savory and delicious.
We like to keep it simple with just these ingredients. You are welcome to add more seasonings like oregano, paprika, black pepper etc.
You could also finish the bread with some fresh chopped herbs if you want a color splash. A little parsley, chives or basil would add a fresh flavor boost.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this garlic bread ahead of time?
You can do the prep work ahead of time, but I would recommend waiting until you are ready to eat it to bake it. It is best warm with gooey cheese.
Can is the best way to reheat leftovers?
As with most bread, the best way to reheat this garlic bread is in a low oven. Microwaving bread changes the texture and makes it not as good.
What to Serve With This Garlic Party Bread
Or just serve it as an appetizer on its own. It would make a great starter course or enjoy it as part of a snack buffet.
Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread
- 1 loaf crusty sourdough bread
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 8 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter and stir in garlic salt.
- Cut bread into 1" diamonds. Cut most of the way through the loaf but stop before you cut through the bottom.
- Place on a large sheet of foil on a baking pan.
- Stuff the shredded cheese into the cuts between the pieces of bread.
- Drizzle with melted garlic butter, focusing the the spaces between the pieces of bread.
- Wrap the bread in the aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Unwrap the foil and place back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted to your liking.
- Serve warm with marinara sauce for dipping.