This bright and flavorful baked oatmeal is like taking a bite out of the tropics! Tropical pineapple coconut baked oatmeal is the perfect breakfast or brunch treat!
Can you tell I am over winter? I am done with the cold, done with the snow and done with all of the cold rain that has been turning everything into a giant sloshy mud pit.
I want warmth and palm trees. That’s not too much for a Midwestern girl to ask for in early March, is it?
Apparently Mother Nature thinks it is and she is doing everything in her power to remind me where I live. And I’ll give you a hint, it is nowhere near tropical this time of year!
Since a vacation is not in the cards in the next few days, I will just have to let my taste buds do the traveling.
After making the taste of the tropics pie, I had some crushed pineapple and coconut left. I am not one to let anything so delicious go to waste, so I thought it would be fun to make some baked oatmeal with those same flavors.
So now we can have a taste of the tropics for breakfast as well! Or perhaps if you are watching what you eat so you can fit into that bathing suit and actually enjoy a day on the beach, you can sub this in as a healthier dessert option.
No matter when you choose to eat it, you will be transported to somewhere warm and sandy even if only in your head!
By now I am sure you know that I love my baked oatmeal and I have figured out a secret to making it light and fluffy. If you’ve only ever had dense baked oatmeal, you have to give one of my recipes a try!
This one has plenty of sweet added in from the coconut, banana and pineapple so you don’t have to add any more sugar. Of course you can feel free to stir in a Tablespoon or two if you prefer it extra sweet.
If you are curious to try some baked oatmeal, but this isn’t your cup of tea don’t fret! I have plenty of different options or you. There’s the chocolaty brownie baked oatmeal, the velvety maple pumpkin pie baked oatmeal, there’s even a fun strawberry cheesecake baked oatmeal.
And if you want pineapple but you’re not so sure about the coconut, you just have to try the pineapple right side up baked oatmeal!
Have you ever tried baked oatmeal? What’s your favorite kind?
Pineapple Coconut Baked Oatmeal
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- ¼ cup milk or pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2½ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease an 8-inch square pan.
- In large bowl, mash the bananas until mostly smooth. Stir in the eggs and yogurt until combined.2 ripe bananas, 2 eggs, 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well mixed. Pour into prepared pan.1 cup crushed pineapple, ¼ cup milk or pineapple juice, 2 teaspoons baking soda, 2½ cups rolled oats, 1 cup shredded coconut
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until just set in the center.
- Serve warm, at room temperature or cold. Top with additional yogurt and toasted coconut if desired.
- Refrigerate leftover and heat them up throughout the week for a great quick breakfast.