Soft and delicious pumpkin baked oatmeal with a maple cream cheese swirl. This is a hearty fall breakfast that is packed with the good stuff and will remind you of your favorite pumpkin roll cake.
Have you been searching for a fabulous warm and filling breakfast? Look no further!
Baked oatmeal loaded with pumpkin and a hint of spice is a good start. Add a swirl of maple sweetened cream cheese to make it a pumpkin roll inspired masterpiece.
Ask and you shall receive! One of you suggested a pumpkin roll version of baked oatmeal would be a good idea.
Of course I instantly agreed! I couldn’t wait to give it a whirl.
Luckily I had the building blocks ready. With my pumpkin pie baked oatmeal, I knew I had a good starting point.
I have done a cream cheese swirl in oatmeal before in the strawberry cheesecake baked oatmeal. So I combined the two with a few twists to come up with this delectable option.
If you didn’t know, I am a huge baked oatmeal fan. Especially when it results in a healthy breakfast inspired by desserts.
That is why you’ll find recipes like brownie baked oatmeal and pineapple right side up baked oatmeal here on my site. So a pumpkin roll baked oatmeal seemed like a fabulous addition to the collection.
After I made it I wished I had made it in a round pan and piped the cream cheese swirl in a spiral. That would have made it look more like the cake that inspired it.
As it was, it turned out delicious. It tastes like fall and dessert all in one.
The recipe as written is not super sweet. It is meant to be a relatively healthy breakfast after all.
If you would like it to be a bit sweeter, feel free to add a couple of extra tablespoons of syrup to both the oatmeal mixture and the cream cheese.
Or you can just drizzle a bit of syrup over the finished baked oatmeal. Or dust it with powdered sugar. Or a dollop of maple whipped cream!
Do you have a favorite baked oatmeal recipe? I’d love to hear about it!
Share about it in the comments if you’d like. Or show me a picture on social media if you prefer.
Pumpkin Roll Baked Oatmeal
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup maple syrup*
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 2½ cups rolled oats
Cream Cheese Swirl
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 8-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the pumpkin oatmeal. Mix well and pour into prepared dish.
- In a small bowl, beat together cream cheese, egg and maple syrup.
- Dollop bits of the cream cheese mixture over the pumpkin oatmeal and swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until just set.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.