Turn leftovers into fun cheesy pulled pork taquitos with the help of your air fryer. They are easy to make, crispy and delicious!
If you have pulled pork leftovers, you are in the right place. I love turning leftovers into something new and exciting and these taquitos are the latestest in a long list of leftover makeover ideas.
If you make a giant pork butt, chances are you are going to have leftovers. Of course you can keep making sandwiches until they are gone, but what is the fun in that?
It’s time to get more creative with your leftover game. Pulled pork can be turned into a plethora of great meals.
Creamy pulled pork enchiladas are one of our favorites. The bbq filling and cheesy sour cream sauce go so well together.
Now you can take your leftovers, some tortillas and cheese and make yummy taquitos. They are perfect for lunch, a fun game day snack or use them as a dinner entree with a salad or vegetable.
Making taquitos in the oven
The recipe is written using an air fryer to crisp up the tortilla shell. Air fryers are popular right now and can achieve that crunch without heating up the whole oven.
However, don’t despair if you don’t have and air fryer. You can still crisp them up in the oven.
Just like we did for creamy chicken taquitos and buffalo chicken taquitos, just use a spritz of cooking spray or a brush of melted butter and a trip to the hot oven. You can even skip this step if you really want to.
Just stick your tray of taquitos in a 425F oven for 15-20 minutes and you should be good to go. They will emerge melty and delicious.
More crispy treats from the oven or air fryer
Or try making crab rangoon egg rolls in the oven. The insides are creamy and the outsides are crunchy.
What are your favorite ways to rework leftovers? I would love to hear your best tips. Tell me all about them in the comments or hit me up on social media.
Love this recipe? Give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review in the recipe card below!
Pulled Pork Taquitos in the Air Fryer
- 3 cups pulled pork
- ½ cup bbq sauce
- 20 fajita sized tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Stir together pulled pork, bbq sauce and cheese.3 cups pulled pork, ½ cup bbq sauce, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Put about 2 Tablespoons of filling in a line down the middle of each tortilla. Roll the tortilla around the filling and place seam side down in the greased air fryer basket.20 fajita sized tortillas
- Spritz the shells with cooking spray if desired. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until the shells are your desired level of golden brown.
- Serve with additional bbq sauce for dipping if desired.