If you are a chocolate and peanut butter lover, this is for you. Rich chocolaty brownie peanut butter cheesecake goodness should be on your must make list.
Take a layer of chocolate brownies and add peanut butter cheesecake. Now cover that with rich ganache and top it all off with chopped peanut butter cups. It’s a rich sinful bite of heaven and you deserve a slice!
I apologize for taking so long to share this recipe with you. I actually made it the first couple of times a couple of years ago.
My sister was getting married and had a small reception for family at my parents’ house. I got to be the dessert caterer for the event!
She requested a plain cheesecake with a variety of toppings as the main dessert. In addition they requested an assortment of desserts.
My mom and sister emailed me a variety of links for inspiration and I took bits and pieces of a few of them to create this fabulous creation.
It was a smash hit at the wedding, so I knew I should share it with you. But here we are, my sister has had two babies already and I haven’t shared the recipe yet.
I promise I wasn’t selfishly keeping it to myself. Actually what happened is my notes were written on the back of an envelope and it ended up in the junk drawer.
I know, that makes me sound like an organizational wizard! (At least I’m not trying to share cleaning tips with you!)
I came across the recipe notes and figured I had better make it again right away while I had them…. who knows where they may end up otherwise!
Luckily I had just enough chicken scratch on that envelope to piece the recipe together and the results were as good as I remembered! It is rich and decadent but so good and worth every calorie.
The mix of super chocolaty brownie and peanut butter cheesecake is always a winner. This makes that combination a bit easier than the buckeye cheesecake.
I baked this is a 12 inch tart pan because I love the ruffled edge. However, don’t despair if you don’t have one.
You could very easily make your showstopper dessert in a 12 inch skillet, a 9×13″ pan or two 9″ cake pans or pie plates. No matter what you bake it in, it is sure to be amazing!
More fabulous peanut butter and chocolate desserts:
- Layered Buckeye Cheesecake with Brownie Crust
- No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
Tips and tricks
- Be sure your cream cheese has plenty of time to soften and your egg is at room temperature. This prevents lumps in the cheesecake layer and makes it easier to spread.
- I’ve made the ganache layer with dark chocolate, semi-sweet and milk chocolate. We prefer the milk chocolate because it goes so well with the peanut butter cups.
- Any brownie mix will do, just make sure it’s sized for a 9×13″ pan.
- You can use two pie plates, two 9 inch cake pans, a 9×13″ pan, or a 12″ oven safe skillet if you don’t have a 12″ tart pan.
- 19.5 ounce brownie mix plus the ingredients listed on the box
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 12 ounces milk chocolate
- 3 Tablespoons cream
- 1 cup chopped peanut butter cups
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease your baking pan. (a 12 inch round, 9×13, or two 9 inch pie plates or cake pans)
- Mix together the brownie mix and the ingredients listed on the box. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Add the peanut butter and continue to beat until incorporated and smooth.
- Mix in the sweetened condensed milk and egg, stirring until smooth and incorporated.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture over the brownie mixture, leaving a gap around the edges for a crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- To make ganache, warm cream and chocolate in microwave in 20-30 second bursts. Stir vigorously between trips to the microwave and stop cooking as soon as you are able to stir it smooth. Spread over cooled peanut butter cheesecake. Sprinkle with chopped peanut butter cups.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 508Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 341mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 2gSugar: 37gProtein: 12g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.