If a quick and easy no-bake treat is what you need, these chocolate and peanut butter corn flake bars are just the thing. They are the perfect mix of crunchy, chewy and delicious.
You are just a few minutes and a handful of ingredients away from a delicious sweet treat. The peanut butter layer is sweet and chewy with the crunch of corn flakes throughout.
Of course a layer of chocolate on top brings it all together. These no bake treats will become your favorite quick treat!
If you have a saucepan, a spoon and a few pantry staples, you are well on your way to a fabulous treat. Just melt together some peanut butter goodness and stir in plenty of cornflakes.
Then press that delicious mixture into a greased pan. Go ahead and give it a good press, that is what is going to hold it all together as it sets.
Then melt together some chocolate and peanut butter and spread it over the top. The peanut butter not only drives home the flavor combo, but keeps the set chocolate softer.
So as you take a bite, you get that creamy chocolate that gives way to the chewy crunch of the peanut butter and corn flake layer. They are so quick and easy to make, you will want to do it all of the time.
They would be great after school snacks or perfect for drop in guests you weren’t expecting. They are always just a few minutes away and a happy surprise to those they are served to.
Can I use something other than peanut butter?
Yes, other nut butters would work great in this recipe. Almond butter would be tasty or sunflower butter if that’s your preference.
Tips and tricks:
Go ahead and crunch up the corn flakes a bit while you are stirring, you don’t have to be gentle and keep them whole.
Give the peanut butter mixture a good smash down when you transfer it to the pan. That is what is going to hold them together when it’s time to cut and serve them.
Be careful not to overcook the chocolate chips when you are melting them. Give them a good stir between each trip to the microwave and stop as soon as it stirs smooth.
More No Bake Peanut Butter and Chocolate Treat Recipes
Chocolate and peanut butter go well with oatmeal too. Make some no bake cookies for another easy dessert that doesn’t require the oven.
For a texture that is more like a Reese’s peanut butter cup, try making no bake peanut butter bars. They are melt in your mouth delicious.
Or for a great snack, try making monster cookie energy bites. They are perfect for an afternoon pick me up or an after work out treat.
If it’s the cereal crunch that drew you to this recipe, you can check out my collection of recipes with corn flakes for more yummy inspiration.
It never hurts to have some quick and easy treats like this up your sleeve. What are your favorite simple treats to make?
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cornflake Bars
Peanut Butter Layer
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups cornflakes
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Grease an 8" square pan and set aside.
- In a medium to large sauce pan, cook the peanut butter, corn syrup and sugar over medium low heat until it's warm and gooey. The sugar should be dissolved into the mixture and not grainy.
- Remove from heat and stir in the corn flakes, there's no need to be gentle or try not to break them.
- Press peanut butter corn flake mixture into prepared pan. Apply some pressure to make it all stick together. The bottom of a measuring cup works well for this.
- In a small bowl, combine the chocolate chips and remaining peanut butter.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Continue to microwave in 15 second bursts until you are able to stir the mixture smooth. Spread over peanut butter layer.
- Allow to set, you can hasten the process by putting it in the refrigerator.
- Cut into small pieces and serve.