Peanut butter, graham crackers and chocolate come together in a fun no bake bar. These fun treats are sure to get rave reviews everywhere you take them. They are so easy to put together they are likely to become your new go to dessert!
Layers of peanut butter and chocolate no bake goodness come together in this perfect treat. They are super simple to put together and they taste so good.
I wouldn’t blame you if you start keeping some in your fridge at all times. Not. One. Bit.
So go ahead and whip some up, just don’t say I didn’t warn you how good they would be!
Our love affair with these deliciously easy treats started last summer. We were at my aunt and uncle’s for a summer BBQ. My cousin Emily is known for her cupcakes and sweets, so she was the dessert committee and her parents handled dinner.
So it shouldn’t strike you as a giant surprise when you hear that we were immediately drawn to these over the other offerings. In fact, my husband kept going back for more.
Apparently everyone took notice because they sent him home with a plate of them. It was one of those take these to save us from eating them deals, the kind I do all of the time.
Now sometimes he will have satisfied his sweet tooth for the month on his first binge and then the rest sits around until little dude and I eat it or I find it in the garage a month later and throw it away.
That was not the case with these! No way! They quickly disappeared.
So of course I had to get the recipe. But then the weather cooled off and it seemed like the summer was the right time to share a quick, easy, no-bake treat like these. Finally the time seemed right and I whipped up a batch.
You guys, these are so easy, like dangerously easy. They are also so good, definitely dangerously good! They only take a few minutes to make.
In the heat of summer, I would recommend letting them firm up in the refrigerator for a bit before slicing. But that is the hardest part, the waiting!
Of course we shared these at a family dinner. My husband again helped himself to two big hunks. Then we brought some to share at his mom’s where they got rave reviews.
I sent the rest out to the garage refrigerator to keep myself from eating them. My husband was nice enough to share with a buddy who put them in his top three desserts of all time! Now that’s really saying something!
If you love peanut butter and chocolate treats as much as we do, these are a perfect treat. What are your favorite chocolate and peanut butter recipes?
Tip for cutting nice bars
I find it easiest to cut these bars when the chocolate topping isn’t super cold. So I like to let it set at room temperature, then cut the bars.
After the bars are cut, put them in the refrigerator to set completely. They are easiest to serve cold.
They taste amazing cold or at room temperature. They will get soft in warm weather.
Don’t worry though, they will still taste amazing. You just might have to lick the extra chocolate off of your fingers!
If you like these, we are going to love buckeyes. They are one of our favorite Christmas treats, but there is no reason we can’t make them year round!
- 2 cups peanut butter, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 1.5 sleeves)
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 mini peanut butter cups, chopped
- Beat together 1 1/4 cups of peanut butter and the butter until smooth.
- You can use graham cracker crumbs if you’d like, just add them at this stage.
- Rather than make crumbs, I took it easy on myself and just roughly broke up the graham crackers and let the mixer do the rest. I added in the pieces a few at a time while the mixer was going and the beater broke them up further.
- Once the graham crackers are all added, mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla. The mixture may look slightly crumbly in the mixer but it will come together.
- Dump the peanut butter mixture into a lightly greased 9×13 pan and press to form a cohesive layer of peanut butter.
- In a small saucepan, melt together the remaining 3/4 cup peanut butter and chocolate chips over the lowest possible heat setting. Be sure to stir continuously so as to not scorch the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate mixture is smooth, spread over the peanut butter layer. Top with chopped peanut butter cups and refrigerate until set.
- They are the easiest to cut and serve while still slightly chilled, but should still serve easily at room temperature. They will get soft in the summer heat but still taste amazing!
We use salted butter for these bars. If you use unsalted, you may want to add a pinch of salt or even a heavy pinch if you like more salt in you sweet and salty treats.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 204mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 6g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.