Chocolate peanut butter pretzel bites have salty crunchy pretzels, a soft creamy peanut butter center and hard chocolate shell. It is the perfect mix of chocolate covered pretzels and buckeyes!
Chocolate and peanut butter fans rejoice, there is a new favorite treat coming your way. The best part is these fun candies are no bake and easy to make.
They are part buckeye, part chocolate covered pretzel. And this is a case where the sum is greater than the parts.
You have the creamy sweet centers surrounded by the salty crunchy pretzels giving you a perfect marriage of flavors and textures. Of course the chocolate holds it all together both literally and for your taste buds.
It is a perfect no bake addiction to your holiday treats. But you don’t have to wait until Christmas to make them, go ahead and whip up a batch now!
Making these easy treats
You start with a creamy peanut butter filling that is very much like the center of peanut butter balls or snowball candies. Then you sandwich it between two small pretzel twists.
After a trip to the freezer, they are ready to be dunked in melted chocolate. We chose milk chocolate this time, but dark chocolate would be delicious as well.
Toss on a few sprinkles if you are feeling festive. Chopped peanuts would make a tasty decoration as well.
Of course no decoration is needed. You can gobble them up just the way they are, though I do recommend letting the chocolate set first. 😉
More fun treats
If you like sweet and salty treats, try kitchen sink cookies. They have bits of pretzel, caramel and chocolate chips baked inside.
For another easy candy recipe, try slow cooker peanut clusters. They take very little effort, mostly just stirring and scooping.
Or for a shortcut on another classic candy, try making peanut brittle in the microwave. You get the flavor and texture you love without needing a candy thermometer.
Love this recipe? Give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review in the recipe card below!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 64 mini pretzel twists
- 1 pound melting chocolate
- Mix together peanut butter and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla, stirring until combined.
- Scoop about 1 Tablespoon of the peanut mixture on to the top of half of the pretzels. Top with the remaining pretzels, pushing lightly to ensure they hold together.
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes to set up.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate in the microwave or a double boiler.
- Dip pretzels, shaking off the excess chocolate then place on wax paper. Add sprinkles if desired.
- Once chocolate is completely set, the pretzels can be removed from the wax paper.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
I like melting a little bit of extra chocolate to make the dipping process easier. Just coat some plain pretzels in the remaining chocolate and you'll have two easy treats in one!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 753mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 7g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.