Rice krispie treats are taken to the next level with a load of chocolate and peanut butter. These babies are rich, delicious, no bake and easy to make!
Classic rice krispie treats are given the one two flavor punch of peanut butter and chocolate. There isn’t just a little in there, this is full on flavor. You are going to love this tasty twist on the classic cereal bar.
Rice krispie treats are one of those simple recipes that can be whipped up almost any time. They have that perfect balance of chewy and crispy and take almost no effort to make.
Add in a heaping pile of peanut butter and plenty of chocolate and what was good is now great! These make a fun lunchbox snack or would be perfect for a party.
The result still gives you that chew and crunch that make the originals so good, but with a ton more flavor. For a peanut and chocolate lover like myself, it’s hard to beat.
With such a high ratio of goodies to cereal they taste fabulous. They are soft and almost feel gooey without being messy.
They almost feel like candy as much as rice krispie treat. All of that peanut butter really shines through!
If you are looking for a plain rice krispie treat recipe, I have one for thick and chewy rice krispie treats that are decorated like mummies. If you want a cute way to decorate these as turkey treats, just wait until Wednesday!
Luckily you don’t need to wait to make these treats. They are fabulous just the way they are!
What are your favorite quick and easy no bake treats?
Love this recipe? Give it a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ review in the recipe card below!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1.5 cups peanut butter
- 16 ounces marshmallows
- 5 cups rice krispie cereal
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Grease a 9×13″ pan and set aside.
- In a large glass bowl, melt the butter in a microwave, about 30 seconds.
- Add chocolate chips and heat in 20 second bursts, stirring between each until the chocolate is melted.
- Stir in the peanut butter and salt. Add marshmallows. Heat in 20 second intervals, stirring between each until the marshmallows are melted.
- Add cereal, stirring to coat.
- Press into greased pan and allow to set.
- Cut into bars and serve. Store in an airtight container at room temperature or chill for a stiffer bar.)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 215mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 7g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.