Super creamy homemade orange creamsicle cheesecake ice cream is going to be a new summer favorite dessert. It is cold, refreshing and has the perfect combination of orange and vanilla with a cream cheese twist!
This post has been sponsored by Hamilton Beach, however, all opinions, as always are my own. #ad #HamiltonBeach
It’s ice cream season! This smooth, creamy homemade ice cream has all of the flavor of an orange creamsicle and a cheesecake all mashed up into one delicious bowl of citrusy goodness. I just love the way the vanilla, orange and cream cheese come together.
There is nothing like cooling off with a bowl of homemade ice cream. There is just something extra special about knowing that you made it. Plus there is the added benefit of being able to combine any flavors you like.
With a sweet tooth like mine and my constant inability to decide what to make, I am sure you can imagine how hard it was for me to choose a flavor to make first in my new ice cream maker from Hamilton Beach.
That was until the idea of making our favorite orange creamsicle no bake cheesecake into an ice cream flavor crept into my head. Then I couldn’t shake the need to make it!
I am so glad I went for it! I think the cream cheese really helps to give an extra creaminess to the base. In addition to the bit of tang, it gives the ice cream a smooth texture that is creamy scoopable almost immediately from the freezer.
Of course there needs to be orange in a creamsicle ice cream. I wanted to make sure there was plenty of flavor, but didn’t want to add too much liquid. I was worried orange juice itself would form too many ice crystals in the ice cream and I wanted a really smooth final texture.
Using frozen orange juice concentrate allowed me to add a ton of orange flavor without too much water. It really worked perfectly if I do say so myself!
If you are looking for more ice cream recipes, there are some from Hamilton Beach below. In our family, my mom is the main ice cream maker.
Here are some of our favorite ice cream recipes:
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 12 ounce container frozen orange juice concentrate
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Optional: 3 teaspoons orange emulsion
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth and fluffy.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. (I did it all in my stand mixer, but you could do it by hand or with a hand mixer.)
- Pour into canister and freeze according to your ice cream maker’s directions.
- Put in containers and freeze until firm and ready to serve.
recipe for a 4 qt ice cream maker to make a gallon of ice cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 128Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 40mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
All nutritional information is estimated and will depend on the exact ingredients you use.
- Makes ice cream, frozen yogurt, custard, sorbet, gelato and sherbet
- Fully automatic – no stirring needed. Just add ingredients, ice & rock salt – it does all the work, then stops when ready
- Over 20 recipes included – try the recipes inside or create your own unique taste by mixing in candy, cookies, or fresh fruit
- Easy-lock lid – easily fits on top and locks in place with a quick turn
- 4 quart capacity – the perfect size for families and special occasions