Super creamy homemade orange ice cream is going to be a new summer favorite dessert. It is cold, refreshing and has the perfect combination of orange and vanilla with a cream cheese twist!
It’s ice cream season! This smooth, creamy homemade ice cream has all of the flavor of an orange creamsicle and a cheesecake all mashed up into one delicious bowl of citrusy goodness.
I just love the way the vanilla, orange and cream cheese come together.
There is nothing like cooling off with a bowl of homemade ice cream. There is just something extra special about knowing that you made it.
Plus there is the added benefit of being able to combine any flavors you like.
With a sweet tooth like mine and my constant inability to decide what to make, I am sure you can imagine how hard it was for me to choose a flavor to make first in my new ice cream maker from Hamilton Beach.
That was until the idea of making our favorite orange creamsicle no bake cheesecake into an ice cream flavor crept into my head. Then I couldn’t shake the need to make it!
I am so glad I went for it! I think the cream cheese really helps to give an extra creaminess to the base.
In addition to the bit of tang, it gives the ice cream a smooth texture that is creamy scoopable almost immediately from the freezer.
Of course there needs to be orange in a creamsicle ice cream. I wanted to make sure there was plenty of flavor, but didn’t want to add too much liquid.
I was worried orange juice itself would form too many ice crystals in the ice cream and I wanted a really smooth final texture.
Using frozen orange juice concentrate allowed me to add a ton of orange flavor without too much water. It really worked perfectly if I do say so myself!
Here are some of our favorite ice cream recipes:
Or try making an orange no bake pie for another creamy orange treat. The flavor of the filling is actually a lot like the flavor of this ice cream recipe!
Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 28 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Optional: 2 teaspoons orange emulsion
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth and fluffy.8 ounces cream cheese
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. (I did it all in my stand mixer, but you could do it by hand or with a hand mixer.)28 ounces sweetened condensed milk, 2 cups heavy whipping cream, 1 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, Optional: 2 teaspoons orange emulsion
- Pour into canister and freeze according to your ice cream maker’s directions.
- Put in containers and freeze until firm and ready to serve.